How long to wait for T and M seeds?!

• 54 Replies

earthing83

• Experienced Member
How long to wait for T and M seeds?!
« on: March 14, 2010, 20:29 »
I wondered if anyone else has been waiting a long time for seeds from T and M ? I ordered mine 2 and a half weeks ago and they're still not here. Maybe I'm just being inpatient  :wacko:

plot6b

Re: How long to wait for T and M seeds?!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 20:32 »
I ordered some two weeks ago and still waiting :ohmy: You are not alone Earthing83

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 20:33 »
Still waiting for spuds and garlic

Thought Id give them the benefit of the doubt after last years wait,  getting mighty fed up now

Seeds I ordered came in a week or so
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 21:08 »
If you only ordered seeds, then I would give them a ring............I've never waited that long for seeds :unsure:

goose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:29 »
i still dont have my red onion sets.  TBH, next year i will be shopping elsewhere.  :(

jb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 09:42 »
If its any help my spuds that were bought with on a free postage weekend (so probably a peak time) took 5 weeks-lucky they were going to be going out late anyway due to the weather but even 1st earlies will now only be going in at the start of April.
Most seed merchants have slower delivery times this time of year due to the heavy demand-it's best to buy early or only get over-the-counter if you are in  rush to get anything.
Jon

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 13:02 »
Recent web-order results:

JBA - 22-Feb - delivered within 2 days
gardening-naturally.com - Enviromesh  11-Mar - delivered within 2 days
Suttons - Just seeds - 08-Mar - delivered within 4 days

Chase Organics (some plants) ordered 11-Mar - delivered after 6 days (Garlic bulbs, Comfrey, Horseradish back ordered :() Horseradish arrived 31-Mar, delivery note says nothing about Garlic being back-ordered - so have chased that up by EMail

T&M - Just seeds - 08-Mar - delivered 16 days

IME T&M provide no feedback on when delivery can be expected. Orders are part shipped from seemingly various places, and no indication of when to expect the remainder.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:22 by Kristen »

spottymint

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 19:56 »
Hi

I find T & M slow at best.

I have had lots of problems, the best was a letter saying my plants would be delayed because of poor quality, they came the next day !! :(

purplebean

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 21:17 »
I won't order from T&M anymore there are several much better and cheaper companies out there

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 09:12 »
I won't order from T&M anymore there are several much better and cheaper companies out there
T & M have a wide range - that gets me things that I cannot find elsewhere (single colour double Petunias; Winter carrots, ...). but other than that I buy elsewhere when I can. Their website would be the idea means of informing me of projected delivery dates, but it doesn't even have a Register function so I can't check my order status ... but they do Email me every week, so they clearly know who I am!

@T&M: if you are reading this give me a shout, I build eComemrce sites, and have done sites for other large seed companies ;)

Snoop

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 09:31 »
Last year, I waited weeks and weeks for T&M seeds. I phoned several times (mobile calls from Spain, so expensive) and was assured they were on their way. In the end, after much hassle, they agreed to send out a new lot. But of course by then some things had sold out so they couldn't supply them, nor did they refund me the money or even send me any of those useless vouchers.

Now I only order things from them that I absolutely can't get anywhere else (not much if the truth be told) or when they're running special offers out of season. Then I just store the seeds till the following year.

My impression is that their customer service is dire. It's pointless trying to use the e-mail service as you almost never get a reply, even from a named person's address. One lad I spoke to on the phone was incapable of distinguishing between different orders on his computer because order numbers issued by their website don't correspond with their internal numbers.

And I hate those totally useless six-month vouchers they send you to compensate you for inconvenience, but also in my case (not sure if the same has happened to anyone else) on more than one occasion, for goods they have charged to my credit card but haven't supplied. I presume this is actually an illegal practice for credit cards (cheques for more than the sum payable must pose them a problem, but they are able to charge cards for the correct amount owing). Challenging them for a pound or two seems hardly worth the bother, but I wouldn't be surprised if a large part of T&M's profits must come from unclaimed vouchers.

sloworm

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 14:33 »
I have been very happy with kings seeds

Goosegirl

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 16:39 »
If I have needed a refund on something I paid with my credit card, it is refunded directly to my card's account by the shop, no matter how small the sum so that's no excuse. I believe you are entitled to your money back - why should you have vouchers that you don't want, especially if you have been dissatisfied with their service ..? Google for info on your legal rights. I never buy from them as I have had some dire plants and poor seed germination (hope it's ok DD to put this on here - if not, please let me know or delete it).
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Jodie A

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 16:48 »
Seeds are usually here in a few days, seed potatoes and shallots take longer as obviously they have to get them from their supplier, and they want to ensure they are in best condition to post out (They withheld their spuds this year, as didn't want them getting frozen in a Post Office depot).

Generally, when I've phoned them to check on an order, the guys (and gals) on the other end have been most helpful.  If you have to phone them, don't get your complaining head on straight away, you will get more info and helpfulness if you are just enquiring the whereabouts of your order  ;)

hamstergbert

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 17:36 »
I understand that if you change your mind the retailer may opt to refund you in the form of vouchers but if the reason for refund is wrong item (including differing from description in any significant manner), damaged or unusable item, or no item at all then they are entitled to offer the customer a refund in the form of vouchers - but the customer is entitled to demand the refund in money, and this includes the refund of any handling fees, postage etc.   'Unreasonable delay' in order fulfillment - where for example supply was not made until well after the appropriate planting window - is also grounds under the unusable items heading.

Kick up a fuss, folks, and if they do not respond to your satisfaction, suggest recourse to the small claims court for your refund plus costs.  If they come the raw prawn and try to brush you off they could find themselves in the position of a certain well known insurance broker who contemptuously dismissed an irate customer's complaints but against whom judgement was granted and who only took it seriously when there office local to the plaintiff was visited by the bailiff armed with the legal paperwork to remove their selection of goods (they chose the front office computers and printers) to the value of the award plus their own bailiff costs.  At this point the company rapidly decided to pay the same amount in cash immediately to the bailiffs in a vain attempt to persuade the members of the (SE London) media (who mysteriously happened to be there as the bailiffs arrived) not to publish. 
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

xx
how long to wait.

Started by k4t1e195 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 05, 2010, 00:16
by missycat
xx
How long to wait for broccoli?

Started by angelavdavis on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post August 17, 2012, 16:08
by Kirpi
xx
How long did you have to wait to get your allotment ?

Started by Petite graine on Grow Your Own

65 Replies
Last post April 18, 2013, 21:13
by pigguns
xx
very long sprouts on seeds pots

Started by loubylou29 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 10, 2007, 20:26
by loubylou29

Page created in 0.325 seconds with 30 queries.