Worried about Daisy

• 2 Replies

bellagirl

Worried about Daisy
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:42 »
 As a new Mum of 3 weeks. I have noticed that Daisy who is 17 weeks old and in the process of a 7 day worming program is giving signs that something many be wrong. Over the last 4 days she puts her head under her wing and has a little kip for a very short time. Then shuts her eyes and dozes again briefly. This happens on and off all day. Oddly when she's not doing this she's perky and acting normally.
I have followed feeding and cleaning regs to the letter and not had them free Range yet. But will as soon as worming complete.
Has anyone got and ideas please?

dizzylizzie

Re: Worried about Daisy
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 10:27 »
Hi, this feels like question time-sorry :). Have you checked her for lice/mites? Is she going through a moult, if she is having a partial moult, you may not have noticed. Check around her tail and neck for new ones. Moulting can sometimes take it out of them a bit. What is her comb like?Is it paler than usual? Is her tail up, is she responsive when you call her. Is she eating and drinking ok, what about her poo's? Is she coughing, sneezing etc?. One  of my girls cat naps with her head under her wing, but in the last few days we've had a hard frost again, my ex-batts dont like the cold and they can often be seen looking hunched,  cat napping for a few minutes. Im sorry, i dont feel like ive been any help at all. Its hard because i cant see her. But you know her better than anyone. If you have checked all the normal things and she still isnt right in a few days or gets worse, pop her along to the vet. Just a thought, maybe she going to lay? I have a young verwerk that is only 18wks and she has just started laying. Last week she was a bit quiet, but i put it down to her being quite new in the flock, maybe it was because she was starting to lay?. Sorry i cant help more. Someone with more experiance will be along shortly im sure, but in the meantime if she develpos any other symptoms, or get worse lets us know, take care :) :)

bellagirl

Re: Worried about Daisy
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 20:25 »
Thank- you very much you have given me lots of things to check out. We also had sharp frosts again and they must be getting fed up as us. I am off all w/end so will spend more time to go through the checks. And hope she will improves.

xx
Daisy not herself

Started by jackieb on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 15, 2009, 09:12
by Ma Lowe
xx
Daisy feels a little thin

Started by Fat Hen on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post April 02, 2008, 17:57
by Aunt Sally
xx
hens called daisy

Started by Selkie on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post November 06, 2007, 20:22
by ness
xx
should i be worried??????

Started by dawnie77 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 10, 2011, 20:27
by dawnie77

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 28 queries.