chitting

• 7 Replies

m1ckz

chitting
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:45 »
ive had my javelin chitting in consevatory for 3 weeks,,alas nothing happening yet :mad:

Salmo

Re: chitting
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:57 »
Take them into the warm for a few days to break their dormancy. As soon as you see any growth return them to the cool of the conservatory.

BostonInbred

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:07 »
probably still too cold, mine have been going a week with no signs of life.

*edit*

Wait, i lie.  The  Rocket have started and so have the Kestrels. Nothing from the Gala or Picasso's yet tho.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:19 by BostonInbred »

rhysdad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:31 »
My lot of charlottes were looking decidedly dormant in our unheated conservatory with minimal growth to the (now purple) chits  :ohmy: . I bought them into the kitchen on Sunday and it seems we now have signs of life.....Shoots appearing light green around the base of the chit. I'll give it another day or two and then pop them back out into the conservatory. I'm also waiting on some Vales Emerald from T&M, anybody grown these before? Please give me your thoughts as i have a pack on it's way soon!!

prakash_mib

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 12:36 »
I bought vales from our garden shop for (chitting already). I am new allotmenteer and the vales look beautiful for boild potatoes. it is picture perfect golf ball sized and the garden center said that it is a successful variety in our area
One kid is handful. Two kids.... Example for chaos theory. Hats off to my mum who managed three...

GreenOwl

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 14:38 »
I grew some Vales year before last, a free trial pack from Dr. Browns.  They were lovely.  Trying them again this year (although only because I couldn't get any Accent.)

andy135

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 22:18 »
I got 3 veriety's from Iain, Lady Crhistl 1st early, King Teds maincrop, and Golden Wonder late mains. They arrived a week ago and are in a cardboard box in the spare bedroom.
This morning, the 1st early's have nice green shoots apprearing, the KE's have nice purple shoots coming through but nothing on the GW's. When I checked again, I had the first two types  the right way up, and the GW's were all upside down.................with shoots just coming through.
It's worth checking that you don't have them downside up also. :lol:

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 22:31 »
Belly button down! (Someone explain).

I would not get too wound up about chitting, if you've got them in the right conditions somethings happening in the spud, whether you can see it outwardly or not.

My Sarpo Mira always seem to go in without chits - but that's their problem. Always make it at the end of the day.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

xx
chitting

Started by pauly58 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 08, 2013, 21:52
by mumofstig
xx
Chitting ..... sorry again!

Started by SalB on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 26, 2009, 11:46
by noshed
xx
Chitting

Started by Welsh Merf on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post February 17, 2013, 12:58
by Welsh Merf
xx
Right you lot, get chitting !

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

40 Replies
Last post February 25, 2012, 12:29
by Nikkithefoot

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 28 queries.