Break in the weather would be grand!!

• 13 Replies

doodoo

• dora myrtle and olivia
Break in the weather would be grand!!
« on: January 11, 2010, 19:20 »
Sooo fed up of all this snow!!  Cant wait for the weather to get a little better, go to see my girls before i go to work and by the time i get home theyve gone to bed, miss seeing them scratching round the garden!! as soon as i get home I take up my torch, shine it in the coop and have a 10min conversation with them before i go to make tea!! xxo

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
Re: Break in the weather would be grand!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 19:50 »
you may well be nuts....but you are not alone   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pets:if you don't love them like family, don't have them

dizzylizzie

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 19:52 »
i know what you mean, my poor girls have spent the day looking very sad standing under the patio table, they keep looking at me as if to say take this white stuff away :(

Hawkins

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 22:21 »
me too, novelty of snow is over. chickens are fed up and by the end of the week they may have all moved into my house the way things are going
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

viettaclark

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 22:42 »
Such a shame! Mine congregate under the table or chairs on the lawn where there is no snow and scratch in the mud. Did I say "lawn"? They really miss the grass!

doodoo

• dora myrtle and olivia
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 22:57 »
glad im not alone, cant wait to see my girls with a bit of sunshine on their backs, please scorn me forever should i moan about the summer and heat (if we ever get one that is) xx

beulah59

• Experienced Member
    • Hen Keeper
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 09:05 »
It's thawed here ... but we now have a biting wind and the ground underfoot is very boggy! Mud everywhere ... I'd rather have the snow.
two daughters, nine hens, two goldfish, three cats ...

grumpydad

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 09:22 »
it was raining yesterday, so it has thawed nicely, same again today, although it is windy, the snow is going quite quickly in the back garden, they chucks might decide to venture out soon.

at least the water is not freezing during the day.

Sid

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 10:55 »
All the snow has gone here,but very windy :unsure: my girls are fedup also.Roll on the spring,haven't been to allotment in over a week (up a very steep hill) and miss not being able to do any digging. :( :( 
if you want to be happy for a short time, get drunk; happy for a long time, fall in love; happy for ever, take up gardening

mjd

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 10:59 »
I like to look on the bright side so maybe the dreaded red mite are suffering as well. :D

dizzylizzie

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 11:55 »
I like to look on the bright side so maybe the dreaded red mite are suffering as well. :D

SHHHHHHH....dont say the R word :mad:...temping fate and all that!.... :tongue2:

karlooben

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 16:48 »
i hated the snow the monent it first started to full  :lol: cant stand the stuff all the animals suffer with it { as well as wild ones } the birds have had enough i got mega stressed as everytime i defrosted 3 lots of padlocks within 10 mins they were frozen again  >:( >:(, today is the first time in over 2 weeks i have managed to use the hose into the water tough within the chicken run . but my dogs feet are bleeding each time he goes out for a walk so he cant run around and he needs to and now my pony is foot sore with the ground being so hard  >:( , but thankfully i will give all the feed stores i go to as well as the hay boys a thumbs up for not letting us down on delieverys  :D :D they are about the only ones who kept us at the stables smiling .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Stemar

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 20:43 »
I am also hating the snow, we still have a fair amount in the garden and girls are staying put in their 'porch'.  They do enjoy their porridge though!

As regards red mite - am I wrong in thinking that it is not around in this cold weather?  I'm afraid I have not been cleaning their coop as thoroughly as in the warmer weather.

karlooben

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 20:48 »
stemar your probably not the only one whos not been cleaning out as well as we should , i am kinda adding straw onto straw in the coop unless its really mucky but i am spraying each wall an perch every other day just to keep on top of bugs an germs over the weekend they will get a full clean out and hopfully thier new poo shelves can go up as well  :D

xx
Break in

Started by grinling on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 17, 2010, 17:28
by karlooben
xx
can't break the broody

Started by Shazzer on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 06, 2008, 21:48
by Shazzer
xx
Do I need to 'break' my broody hen?

Started by dilsdaisy on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post March 29, 2011, 19:28
by jinty1911
xx
Break-in! Goddam crooks!

Started by cudders on The Hen House

23 Replies
Last post January 25, 2008, 05:14
by van connick

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 30 queries.