Gale force winds

• 35 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Gale force winds
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 11:09 »
poor things, you will have to make sure that you move the scary wheelbarrow tonight  :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

Foxy

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 11:13 »
poor things, you will have to make sure that you move the scary wheelbarrow tonight  :lol:

"Poor things" that wasn't quite how OH described them last night!!! :lol: :lol:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 11:23 »
 :lol: :lol:

grumpydad

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 13:22 »
ours have not been out in the wind, they dont like it, they stay under the coop, so have had extra rations today to make up for the lack of grubbing about

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 13:56 »
Have been in and out all day dodging the rain showers trying to clean out some of the houses! got the ducks done and bokky but when i started putting all shavings in they blew everywhere!!!  :ohmy: the catch that holds the muck mucks door open has been ripped off too and ive had to shut it to stop it banging! the grass is squeltching the pond smells but i darent drain it down cause it will just sit on the veg patch and the ducks will have a field day!!! and to top it all the bantie run tarpaline roof has ripped so that too is a squelchy mess  :( (Foxy is moaning cause she has very mucky feet bless her (little foxy that is not human foxy  :lol:) I hate this weather  :mad:
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vember

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 13:58 »
Well done Debbie your braver than me  :D

I've decided to leave cleaning out till tomorrow  :lol:

janet12000

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 15:36 »
I braved the cleaning out today, and had the same problem with shavings going everywhere.
The top blew off my feed storage thingy in the night and the food got all wet.  :(, so it's chicken food porridge for the next couple of days for the girls!

On the plus side.....I didn't fall over in the mud today :)

We were supposed to be going to watch the Sugababes switch the Christmas lights on in Bham this evening. Absolutely no chance.... :lol:

Jacob took one look out of the window this morning and declared he was having a 'duvet day', and to be fair he has lived up to his word!  :lol:

littlewitch

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 16:26 »
H.e.l.l.o .   :wacko: - anyone out there....  :blink:  have you all survived it in more or less one piece? :wacko:  Me thinks our 6 chooks wished they could have have a 'duvet day' - they spent most of it hiding during the worst of it then complaining that they were 'confined to quarters'. OH has just let them out for half hour as its ssshh! (stopped) Hopefully thats it for today here in South Wales. Good Luck to the rest of you around the country & hope you manage to get some well needed rest tonight! :closedeyes:

redmolly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 16:28 »
Ooops - I just read this post and saw that people were thinking of leaving them in!!  :unsure:
My lot were let out as normal..... :lol:
I saw one get blown over, but that was about it!!  :lol:
All quiet in South Wales now tho!!

bexy

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 17:17 »
We had a mini tornado here earlier,well about 4 miles from me. :ohmy:
I am worried because the hens are at the allotment so i can't keep checking on them.
Hopefully i will be able to finish making the run this week so i can bring them home for winter.
It has gone very dark here and the wind has picked up again :(

pink-chicken

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 18:28 »
Awful here last night. We nearly had a roof cave in over the large run. It's pretty sturdy, 2" x 2" wooden slats with wire mesh over that and then a temporary tarp to keep the rain out. When son looked out of his bedroom window around 7.30pm he noticed a lake had gathered on the top of the tarp!  :blink: The only thing hubby and myself could do was make a hole at the centre and catch water in huge buckets below. Had to then remove the tarp as couldn't risk another lake because of near cave in at one end. When we'd finished we were both like drowned rats. Don't you just love it when you reach upwards trying to remove said lake and water gushes down inside your coat sleeves drenching the whole bod  :wacko: We only had one egg today and I'm sure all the racket put the girlies off laying.

Jan.x

North Devon Dumpling

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 19:07 »
We had a wild day yesterday and a pretty wild night and our visit to the beach at Bude to today was fun (if you could stand up).  The hens yesterday during the worst of it, had a lovely time and didn't seem to dislike the wind at all.  Not so keen on the rain, but still like to come out to play  :)

Big Jen

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 19:08 »
It was pretty bad here this morning when I got up, branches ripped off trees and debrise everywhere but all chooks were ok and ready for breakfast. Been out all day at Lichfield poultry show, journey there was a bit dodgy as trees down and lanes were flooded.
Hope the weather is better tomorrow so I can clean out pens and cleathe mess.
Jenny
There are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory, the other two I forget.

janet12000

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 19:35 »
Sugababes were cancelled after JLS caused a riot in Birmingham at 1pm!
 :D :D :D :D

NigelB

• Experienced Member
    • Pictures from the garden and greenhouse..
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 17:15 »
Well. What a night that was.. :(
We were woken several times through the night by the sheer intensity of the wind.
It was howling out there at times.
Once we woke up to the sound of glass breaking, and knew immediately it was the greenhouse.  :ohmy: Sure enough, this morning there was a large hole where there should be glass, and pieces of glass as far as fifteen feet away from the greenhouse littering the lawn. It must have gone every bit as explosively as it sounded.

............ And now the confession......  ::) I left the door open last night...  :blush:
Thirteen quid it's going to cost, and the petrol to whoever picks it up for me.  :nowink:

Buggah.

xx
Should I Force The Issue?

Started by SurreyLass on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post September 20, 2011, 19:04
by New shoot
xx
Force Feeding

Started by Prod on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 08, 2013, 21:04
by grinling

Page created in 0.408 seconds with 37 queries.