Fund raising

• 2 Replies

corynsboy

• Experienced Member
    • http://growingyourownveg.blogspot.com/
Fund raising
« on: October 28, 2009, 14:22 »
I just got our Committee meeting agenda and lurking around towards the bottom of the page is Fund raising ideas.

We make and save a bit of money each year from the society's seed catalogue, (Through Kings of Essex) however the committee has big ideas for the coming seasons and we need a war chest.

Our first goal is to buy a petrol shredder or an electric one and a generator which will probably be cheaper.  We need to raise some where around £700 for a good one.  We don't intend to rent one.

I'd really like to hear from you if you have had success with fundraising ideas be it events or ongoing campaigns. 

I'm particularly interested to find out about seed swaps, coffee mornings and selling plants as these seem to be the most obvious ways to raise money through allotment related activities. 

I was thinking about a "Plant a little more" campaign this year.  To kick off in spring everyone plants a few more seeds with the specific intention of selling the seedling as a cash crop for the society.  Low cost high involvement and everybody plays a part.  It relies on the skills of the members and should have minimal impact on their time.  It's a nice bit of healthily competition for the members too.

The committee meeting is on Saturday week (7th Nov).  Please help me look inspired.  ;)
Corynsboy's Blog

What's the difference between a good farmer and a bad farmer?  About a week.

hamstergbert

Re: Fund raising
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 18:06 »
Harvest supper in the village hall (or community centre/Nelson Mandela Assembly rooms or whatever depending on rurality/urbanity etc) with some of the ingredients being volunteered by the members and the cooking, waiting etc carried out by them too.

Spring bulb bowls setup for sale in the run up to Easter, perhaps.

The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

beansticks

Re: Fund raising
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 18:41 »
Ask everyone to grow an extra row of runner beans,they cost a fortune in the shops,sell them for a £1 a pound.

xx
Raising PH.

Started by Dave NE on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 01, 2015, 22:22
by solway cropper
xx
raising seedlings

Started by lordthanatos on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 17, 2011, 23:47
by cooperman
xx
raising the strawberry bed

Started by Annen on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 13, 2013, 07:00
by m1ckz
xx
Clearing a plot and general seed raising

Started by mum51965 on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post March 12, 2016, 06:42
by Plotmaster

Page created in 0.812 seconds with 28 queries.