Birthing help for cats please!!!

• 468 Replies

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
Re: Birthing help for cats please!!!
« Reply #435 on: January 08, 2010, 11:00 »
Sorry Debbie, I want them back!!!!  :ohmy: Soooo cute! Ask dad about the tiny leg puncture marks - he has a matching set from Lottie at the moment  :lol:

Parsnip

« Reply #436 on: January 08, 2010, 11:55 »
I want them too :wub: ::)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #437 on: January 08, 2010, 12:02 »
They mine  :tongue2:  :D
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #438 on: January 08, 2010, 12:11 »

If you haven't got a kitten, you can still have your own punctures. Take a sharp needle and keep prodding your leg, wiping off the blood as you go.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #439 on: January 08, 2010, 12:14 »

Get hubby watching this thread as the new kitbits will be being put on here - then just convince him he HAS to have a kitbit bundle in about 8 weeks time!!! We're really struggling for homes at the moment, all the calls we get are people wanting rid of their puss tats not wanting to take them  :(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:48 by Caralou »

Lewjam

• Experienced Member
« Reply #440 on: January 08, 2010, 12:38 »
Hehe is just read the topic from 1 to ~ 16 pages and i was getting excited in anticipation of the little things coming out even though it happend months ago ^_^ hehe
I hate signatures but love irony

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #441 on: January 08, 2010, 13:03 »
Hehe is just read the topic from 1 to ~ 16 pages and i was getting excited in anticipation of the little things coming out even though it happend months ago ^_^ hehe

You're OK - I felt like a Grandad! Our little Lottie wasn't breathing when she was born but Cara saved her.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #442 on: March 10, 2010, 12:53 »
The kitbits are now 5 months old  :ohmy: and little Lottie has gone in today for her op so that we don't get another set of forum kitties! Since mum was such an early starter getting pregnant at 4 months old we were worried about her following in her mum's footsteps now she has worked out the cat flap  ::)

Evie is still with us, but being fostered as she doesn't integrate well with other cats (we have tried multiple houses and it just doesn't work with her if there are other cats  :( ). It is such a shame as she is so loving and you can have great conversations with her (she chirrups away at you from the moment she sees you as if telling you about her day  :wub: ) but she is so boisterous that other cats mistake it as aggression when it is just play. Hopefully she'll get the right home some as she also needs a house with outside access as she is so full of energy she wouldn't settle as a house cat.

Update - Lottie the Lampshade has returned home feeling a little sorry for herself. Dad has got her settled in the bedroom for the night so that she doesn't try leaping around. I'm sure she'll forgive him for the op eventually  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 17:40 by Caralou »

janet12000

« Reply #443 on: March 10, 2010, 18:20 »
My goodness I can't believe they are 5 months old  :ohmy: :ohmy:

Hope Lottie feels ok soon.  :wub:

xxxx

madcat

« Reply #444 on: March 10, 2010, 18:58 »
I'm sure she'll forgive him for the op eventually  :tongue2:

A little rare roast beef, thinly sliced, and offered by hand from a kneeling and humble human might help.   :unsure:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #445 on: March 10, 2010, 19:05 »
 :lol: Funny you should say roast beef... I got some reduced at the deli counter for mine and they have all looked confused at it and walked off apart from kitten Spike who is a very happy boy eating the lot!

I'm sure dad can find some nice treats for little Lottie and along with letting her sleep in the bed with him all night she may be able to forgive him  :tongue2:

Val H

• Head Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Family Member
    • Recipes
« Reply #446 on: March 10, 2010, 20:14 »
Well she's now charging around like mad........you'd never believe that she's had the op (I certainly wasn't like this after my hysterectomy!). Trying desperately to get out of the cat flap which we've set to allow in only (and the other cats are driving us mad as they continually want to go in and out). :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
Val
Recipes Galore!

janet12000

« Reply #447 on: March 10, 2010, 20:33 »
I'm sure dad can find some nice treats for little Lottie and along with letting her sleep in the bed with him all night she may be able to forgive him  :tongue2:

Sleeping in the bed is a treat? I need to have a word with my cats then  :lol: They slowly creep in every night. :ohmy:
Glad Lottie is feeling better  :)
My Evie came home with a lampshade on after her op.....it didn't last long and she pulled it off pretty quickly.
Can't believe how time goes? My Evie chops is 1 next month!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #448 on: March 10, 2010, 23:20 »
Only thing is she must smell 'vets' because Willow who normally acts like she's her mum is being hissy and batty with her. Lottie's completely unbothered by her op. jumping around and demanding.

Looking forward to a quiet night, just me, Lottie and the litter tray :(

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #449 on: March 12, 2010, 09:55 »
Lottie arrived home with a lampshade on which was driving her mad so took it off. She's not pulled her stitches, despite dire warnings from the vet.
We locked the catflap to keep her in so had to keep opening it for the others. Come night time, locked her in the bedroom with me where she used the litter tray. Tried to disguise the aroma with deodorant.. not very effective.

Next day allowed her outside - I figure she is at less risk in the garden than climbing the curtains in the lounge. (Vet said keep her in for 10 days)

She spent last night in with me, she's very good - just purrs and headbutts if she picks up you're not fast off.

You wouldn't believe she's had a major operation if you couldn't see the shaved bit and wound. Willow's forgiven her for smelling of vet.

Couple of photos taken this morning below
lottie1a.jpg
lottie2a.jpg

xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig
xx
Cats

Started by dookie on Pets without Feathers

84 Replies
Last post December 02, 2009, 00:07
by Paul Plots
xx
Who would have cats ?

Started by spottymint on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post April 02, 2013, 08:20
by composthappens
xx
Cats and fireworks

Started by Elaine G on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post September 30, 2010, 14:05
by evie2

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 31 queries.