Birthing help for cats please!!!

• 468 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: Birthing help for cats please!!!
« Reply #420 on: January 05, 2010, 19:16 »
Little Lottie spent the night with me again, mainly on my pillow. Something happened in the night though and she was limping this morning. So throw on some clothes and off to the vets. Anyway, the vet reckons a bite (probably in play) on her paw so gave her a jab.

Poor puss is in the back bedroom - hopefully sleeping and healing. We let her have half an hour with mum to cheer them both up.

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Foxy

« Reply #421 on: January 05, 2010, 22:07 »
Little Lottie spent the night with me again, mainly on my pillow. Something happened in the night though and she was limping this morning. So throw on some clothes and off to the vets. Anyway, the vet reckons a bite (probably in play) on her paw so gave her a jab.

Poor puss is in the back bedroom - hopefully sleeping and healing. We let her have half an hour with mum to cheer them both up.

Had to read that twice, first time I thought you'd thrown clothes on the cat!! :D

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #422 on: January 05, 2010, 23:22 »
To be honest I was scared that I'd rolled on her in the night or something. So a bit of a phew! She's a bit sorry for herself but we think a peaceful night on her own is called for.

Rubellite

« Reply #423 on: January 06, 2010, 13:16 »
And you?  ;)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #424 on: January 06, 2010, 17:58 »
Lottie was calling to her mum in the other bedroom who was calling back half the night. This morning her paw was fine, charging around :)

Her mum has a cage coming tomorrow so we may be able to get her to know the other cats in safety. I let her out for a sniff around upstairs not realising Dexter was asleep under the bed. First I knew was the sound of cat fighting.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #425 on: January 07, 2010, 19:59 »
Snowing hard here! traffic crawling along at 10 mph and 2 small kitbits meewed all the way to vets which took 45 mins rather than the 15 it should of!  :blink: Stitch was first up for her injection and was very wary of the vet  :wub: and once her injection was done bless her she went all still and very slowly rolled onto her side as it was stinging!  :lol: sorry shouldnt laugh but even the vet thought it was funny  :D then Stitch was left pootling around the table whilst it was Lilo's turn who made herself almost impossible to prise from the pet carrier!  :unsure: once she was done she attempted to crawl up my coat sleeve whilst the vet checked their microchips were still working. then Stitch started to relax, so whilst Lilo was trying to make herself as small and invisible as possible, Stitch was sat right next to the vet, intently watching him writing the vaccine numbers in their books  :lol: it was very sweet  :lol: as when he spoke to her she was looking right at him as if she was listening to every word  :lol:
Back home safely now and they are both fast asleep in their beds after their ordeal, with their new name tags on that I had engraved today  :D (they look a bit big, but im sure they will grow into them  ;) )

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #426 on: January 07, 2010, 20:07 »
Aw, and the good news in they will be very sleepy tonight after their jabs so you get some peace and quiet!!!!

I have a small bundle arriving tomorrow - a very hissy spitty feral boy who is about 10-12 weeks old  :D Just trying to think of a name for him as he's only just been brought in from a colony he was found at with his brother so no one has named him (we've had loads of kits in since Christmas from feral colonies, and in this weather we just cant turn away kittens as they wont survive outside in the cold). Only thing is he is apparently the spitting image of my Thorsy so I think there may be more tears here tomorrow when he arrives.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #427 on: January 07, 2010, 20:13 »
I'm lucky, my pal the vet will be coming to jab Lottie and Evie here so less traumatic. I also want a 2nd opinion on Mr Squeak's mouth problem.

Lottie has discovered telly - last night she noticed some birds on a programme and stalked across the office to the TV. Sadly the scene changed :(

However, as I was watching Discovery she was swiping at a Junkers88 and sadly nearly caught a Spitfire, despite my telling her they were the good guys.

Hoping the cage arrives tomorrow so we can start integrating Evie. We've also got some cat valium coming for her. Probably give some to Squeak as well!

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #428 on: January 07, 2010, 20:29 »
Awwww! Cara!  :unsure: how will you be able to part with the little guy if he does look like Thorsey??  :unsure: and if you name him too, its a done deal  ;) we'll be here for you tomorrow  :wub: you have done a fab job with these little guys,  :happy: they will both come for snuggles on my lap and follow the kiddies around too  :D have had to buy another litter tray though as I realised why Stitch keeps pooping behind the sofa (despite the special pet poop/wee/sick smell remover) its cause she always wants to go when she sees Lilo using the tray so they have 1 each now  :D

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #429 on: January 07, 2010, 20:43 »
have had to buy another litter tray though as I realised why Stitch keeps pooping behind the sofa (despite the special pet poop/wee/sick smell remover) its cause she always wants to go when she sees Lilo using the tray so they have 1 each now  :D

Makes sense as they had two trays when at Phil's with there being mum and the three kits using them - synchronised movements, very strange kits hehe ??? ::)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #430 on: January 08, 2010, 09:23 »
Not only have I got a tabby terror arriving I also just got a call for more help as we've had an abandoned cat have kittens. The lady who took her in is elderly and was just about coping with the cat who she thought had an upset tum as she was so bloated, then out have popped kittens  :lol: So, my spare room will have a crate with mum and kittens in and then in my bedroom I will have a hissy spitty feral monster kitten  ::) Anyone who is able to foster - cats or dogs - at the moment please please do it locally as the numbers out there having been dumped in this cold is awful  :(

Edit: Phil has said he will have the mum and kits at his - he's obviously missing Evie and the terrible trio  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 09:51 by Caralou »

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #431 on: January 08, 2010, 09:45 »
Awwww!  :D loads of new kitbits to keep you busy!
was really worried about Stitch this morning as she didnt jump out of her bed to pounce on me this morning and when i stroked her she just cried at me  :( in fact Lilo was the 1 jumping at me and meeewing for fuss (actually she is wandering around making little chirrupy noises looking for something to play with)  :lol: ! did ring the vets and they said she is just a bit sore from the jab but as long as i see her eat and drink, she will probably be fine in a day or 2

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #432 on: January 08, 2010, 09:53 »
Poor Stitch  :( She'll be okay though, sometimes it does knock them a bit when they have their vacs and it always makes kits sleepy. Little Lilo is sounding as though she has got very confident now! I'm glad they have both settled so well with you  :D

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #433 on: January 08, 2010, 10:06 »
They certainly have settled well  :lol: I am sat at the table on laptop and both  kit bits jumped up onto my lap and are intently watching me typing this  :lol: wish we had more room to foster as i would certainly love to help out!

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #434 on: January 08, 2010, 10:53 »
Its almost as if Lilo ans Stitch have swapped personalities today?  :ohmy: Lilo is an absolute holigan today!!! poor Stirch just wants to sit quietly but Lilo keeps pouncing on her (which she wails at cause Lilo tries to get her round the neck)
anyway i did these pics on the webcam the 1st pic is of Lilo trying to get Stitch to play

this one Stitch has had enough and gone to sit on the chair behind me but Lilo has now put lots of little holes in my legs  :blink: and a slit in my finger where she jumped from under the table :mad:

and this Lilo was trying to eat my buttons after typing xzzzzzzzasxeddddddddddddddx by stepping across the keyboard!  ::)

xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig
xx
Cats

Started by dookie on Pets without Feathers

84 Replies
Last post December 02, 2009, 00:07
by Paul Plots
xx
Who would have cats ?

Started by spottymint on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post April 02, 2013, 08:20
by composthappens
xx
Do cats like soap or what?

Started by Goosegirl on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post February 05, 2014, 11:18
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 37 queries.