Birthing help for cats please!!!

• 468 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: Birthing help for cats please!!!
« Reply #390 on: December 28, 2009, 09:54 »
Sucking on your ear isn't gross - although I nearly misread your post and what I thought you said at first was a bit gross!

To try and sort the integration issue, we've split Lottie from her mum Evie. Lottie is a subject of interest but no threat to our other cats so we think she'll be one of the pack in fairly short order.

We're hoping that Evie will dry up, which should affect her hormones, and realise kitten isn't being threatened.

Pixie spent quite a bit of time in last night, Cara having left it was a little quieter and FIL leaves today so back to normal on the human front. She was curious but not scared of kitten.

Val slept with kitten (we don't trust Mr Squeak with her yet) and Evie cried a bit. There's a little gap under her bedroom door and our gang were sniffing under it - assume Evie was doing the same.

I really hope we can settle them all down, Evie is so lovely. Cara's come up with some tricks that should help in extremis
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Foxy

« Reply #391 on: December 28, 2009, 10:13 »
Crikey! Sounds really complicated at yours! :D :D Good luck and hopefully they will settle down soon :unsure:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #392 on: December 28, 2009, 10:35 »
Complicated, yep that's the word. My biggest worry is Pixie. It's taken a year to get her to trust me enough to sit on my lap and now she's back to square one.

Dexter is a huge cat (not fat, he's got some puma blood) yet he's so soft. He gave kitten a kiss this morning and then lay down being as non-threatening as he can. You can see he just wants to be pals.

Incidentally, I want it on record that Val said yes to having these new additions, not me!

madcat

« Reply #393 on: December 28, 2009, 11:51 »
When you think about it, that Cara is one very smart cookie.  She turns up for a few days, gets spoilt rotten with big dinners and chocolate, then waltzes off back to Leeds all relaxed leaving behind chaos and 2 tiny terrors!   :lol:  Seriously smart cookie!  8)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #394 on: December 28, 2009, 13:01 »
Sssshhhh Madcat!!!! Dont tell them the plans  ;) Although I have returned to chaos here as I walked in the door Arwen and Thor had a fight over who would have first cuddles then Shia started knocking things off the side to get my attention and one of them had shredded a newspaper all over the carpet! All night they competed over who got to sleep on the bed next to me and it also turns out that while away my lovely light sussex boy has found his voice so I'm hoping Foxy's neighbour is ready for him as I think his new home is calling now  :D

Evie is going to need a slow introduction, but the sniffing at eash other through the door will help get everyone use to each others smells over the next week and then very carefully letting her out of the room after that (I'm taking down a dog cage and we will try putting her in there for an hour or so in a week so the cats can see each other but no one can fight!).

janet12000

« Reply #395 on: December 28, 2009, 18:14 »
The things we do for these animals!

At one point I was caring for 2 really teeny tiny ferals and the safest place for them to be at first was in the bathroom.  :tongue2: I lined the bath with paper etc and they were quite cosy in there while they were very small. I had to have some work done on the outside of my house while the kitties were in residence in the bathtub, and one of the workmen asked to use my loo. I did warn him that they were in the bathroom, but I think he was still quite horrified!

I'm not mad..........honest.  :lol:

Hope all yours get settled and friendly with each other soon John. x

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #396 on: December 28, 2009, 23:28 »
Tomorrow it's back to the vet for Evie as her spay wound is looking inflamed again (despite Boxing Day) and Squeak's mouth is playing up so he's going too. Think I might ask about buying shares in the vet  >:(

Pixie's been in all evening and kitten is playing with Willow a bit so one thing is working :)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #397 on: January 01, 2010, 22:44 »
How is Evie getting on now?? hope she is on the mend. Lilo and Stitch have moved themselves into the conservatory (cause they still very spitty towards Millie dog who just wants to play) and although Mollie cat doesnt want to know the newbies, Stitch so wants to be her friend  :(  means having to leave heating on for them cause it gets really cold otherwise but they spend most of their time charging around the furniture and knocking things over  :lol:

Today Stitch was playing with Charlotte and she scooped a bit of poop out of the litter tray and started batting it around  :ohmy: Stitch that is, not Charlotte  :lol:
Then I foolishly left a full bag of layers pellets open and when I went to fill up the chooks feeders found a kit bit had done a poop in there   :unsure:  :blink:
Did have a laugh though as Stitch was walking along the back of the coffee table intent on getting herself a quail baby when all of a sudden she dissapeared and we just heard a clatter as she fell off the edge :lol: and then because i was laughing she launched herself at my dressing gown and climbed up me   :blink:
Oh the joys of kittenhood!!!!!!!  :lol:

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #398 on: January 01, 2010, 23:49 »
Lottie is doing OK, made friends with Willow, had a play with Pixie and doesn't take much notice of Squeak's growling :)

Dexter cat is being sweet with her - he's a funny chap - I swear he wants to be her mum! We're allowing her a couple of half hours a day with Evie. Evie's wound is a lot better which is good. Evie is going a bit stir crazy but we can't let her out yet as she just attacks the other cats on sight.

Cara is bringing a dog cage down so we can introduce Evie to the others in safety. My arm looks like a bad doctor attacked with a syringe from the last introduction. Lot's of red holes surrounded by bruises.

Kitten ate some Christmas cake crumbs tonight on her way to mug me of my tea. Not as bad as Dexter though, he was tucking in to Bombay mix  ???

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #399 on: January 02, 2010, 23:24 »
And for your delectation...

2 pictures of Lottie, 1 of Willow who is now being a bit of a mummy cat to Lottie and Dexter who may be a big puma on the outside but really wants to be the kitten's mummy :)

lottie1.jpg
lottie2.jpg
dexter.jpg
willow.jpg

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #400 on: January 02, 2010, 23:26 »
And to try and distract Mr Squeak from his woes and troubles being subjected to teenagers, teenage single mothers and their offspring has had the cream  :)
squeak.jpg

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #401 on: January 02, 2010, 23:53 »
And while I've got the camera running

Lottie helping me post

Pixie (who's camera shy) and Willow

Dexter, Willow & Lottie on the tenth meal of the day

lottie3.jpg
pixie-willow.jpg
dexter-willow-lottie.jpg

Hawkins

« Reply #402 on: January 03, 2010, 01:37 »
I have just read this post from beginning to end and all of you should be very proud of yourselves.

all cats are gorgeous and im glad they are all starting to mix. When we rescued a 4 week old kitten a few months ago (also called Willow) it took our resident cat Lara (3 years old) months to get used to her. We had all the hissing and wissing for weeks and weeks and only now have they started chasing each other around and eating side by side.

Well done everyone,
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Parsnip

« Reply #403 on: January 03, 2010, 10:29 »
I really can't get over the beautiful markings on Lottie 8)

I had to laugh at Mr Squeak with his head in the cream bowl - we would never dream of doing it in our house ;)  :tongue2:

I always laugh at the way it gets smudged on to their face... :lol:

Great pics John. I must get some updated ones of our mob..

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #404 on: January 03, 2010, 11:52 »
You'd have laughed at Lottie trying to suckle off Dexter - he just looked bemused :) Never known a cat with such a sweet nature as Dexie - he's such a slop.

Lottie had her first accident this morning. An amazingly large puddle in the lobby. At least kitten wee doesn't smell like adult cat wee.

xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig
xx
Who would have cats ?

Started by spottymint on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post April 02, 2013, 08:20
by composthappens
xx
Cats

Started by dookie on Pets without Feathers

84 Replies
Last post December 02, 2009, 00:07
by Paul Plots
xx
Talking cats

Started by mumofstig on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post March 22, 2013, 21:33
by Trillium

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 37 queries.