• 468 Replies

Pumpkin-Kat

Re: Birthing help for cats please!!!
« Reply #375 on: December 24, 2009, 01:14 »
Awwww they are just adorable.  :D

Parsnip

« Reply #376 on: December 24, 2009, 11:28 »
The markings on these kittens are stunning..I think I'm goint to have to stop looing at this thread, I want every cat on here.. :lol:

Welcome to the forum Pumkin - Kat, where abouts in Warwickshire are you?

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #377 on: December 24, 2009, 11:51 »
The markings on these kittens are stunning..I think I'm goint to have to stop looing at this thread, I want every cat on here.. :lol:

That's it I'm sneaking one down to you in the spring, I'll make it a little one so OH doesnt notice for a few days  :tongue2:

Parsnip

« Reply #378 on: December 24, 2009, 12:30 »

That's it I'm sneaking one down to you in the spring, I'll make it a little one so OH doesnt notice for a few days  :tongue2:

shussssh....snigger snigger... ;)

raeburg

« Reply #379 on: December 24, 2009, 14:15 »
wonder if rosa would like a little friend to boss around...  I'll have to work on this

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #380 on: December 24, 2009, 14:40 »

In my experience it's the little ones that are always trouble!!!!

The smaller they are the more mess, damage and destruction they make!!! ;) (and attention they want!!)

Give me a sedate Ginger lapcat anytime  :D
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #381 on: December 24, 2009, 17:50 »
Well things aren't going too well here - Pixie hasn't returned after her drama with Evie so worried sick where she is. She might have come in and eaten last night but I didn't get my little lump on my leg in the night.

Evie is beautiful, intelligent and friendly with us but the introductions with the other cats have not gone well. So we're trying to worm kitten Lottie in first and hope this will make mum less defensive.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Pumpkin-Kat

« Reply #382 on: December 25, 2009, 20:06 »
I hope it works and Pixie & Evie make friends.

Parsnip, I'm not too far from Wolston actually. A little village near Southam.  :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #383 on: December 26, 2009, 00:16 »
Hi Kat :)

Pixie came in to eat and ran out again, she's done the same tonight but I was allowed a little cuddle. She's very skitty at the best of times. I've only just got her to sit on my lap after a year. She runs from me if I'm in the garden.

We're hoping a long slow introduction will work - Evie is lovely and friendly to us but very aggressive to the other cats. She got out of the bedroom and shot for Mr Squeak, big fight, Squeak lost and I'm sore - don't put your hand between fighting moggies!

Kitten we can settle - Dexter (who is a very big cat) likes her already and runs if kitten Lotty hisses!

Fingers crossed we get it smoothed out. A lot may be due to Evie being 'defensive mummy' at the moment.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #384 on: December 26, 2009, 12:59 »
Evie now has to go to the vets as she has a little infection in her op site - I suspect that leaping around with kitten all night on my head may have caused it  ::) :tongue2: Much to my surprise she is still letting Lottie suckle on her despite her now being 9 weeks old and the other two had stopped suckling before being seperated from Evie - no wonder Lottie is so chubby now  :lol: It means though that vets on Boxing Day is needed as Lottie suckling and an infection is probably causing her some distress - she just purred when I examined her before though so difficult to tell if it is hurting her!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #385 on: December 26, 2009, 16:36 »
This is an appeal on behalf of the Evie vet's bill fund - just £100 will cover the cost of the vet opening the door...  :)

He said we were right to take her and gave her a couple of jabs, took out the stitches as well.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #386 on: December 26, 2009, 16:52 »
Oh dear!  :ohmy: my 2 girlies have settled in just fine  :happy: although this morning when i opened the conservatory door Stitch ran out and behind the armchair and then had a HUGE wee  :dry: so spent the morning mopping that up, they are now both snuggled up in their beds and even Lilo will now purr really loudly when I stroke her  :happy:
Had a bit of a panic on yesterday though!  :ohmy: whilst we ate Christmas dinner we thought it best to pop them in the conservatory to save them jumping on the dinner table (this seems to be their favourite trick at the mo!  :blink:) well after dinner i went out to get them in the lounge and they were no where to be seen, i searched everywhere?????? then after recruiting the kids and my mum to help with the search found them tucked up behind the video in the tv cabinet  :lol: when they were spotted they just meeeewwwwed at me and went back to sleep!!!!!  :lol: all fun and games to them
Hope things settle down for you guys!  :(

Debbie x
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #387 on: December 26, 2009, 20:26 »
...........................and as for Lilo being the shy one??..............................she has just thrown herself at the wicker chair and is now trying to hang off the plant behind  :blink:  :lol:

raeburg

« Reply #388 on: December 27, 2009, 14:39 »
Much to my surprise she is still letting Lottie suckle on her despite her now being 9 weeks old and the other two had stopped suckling before being seperated from Evie - no wonder Lottie is so chubby now  :lol: It means though that vets on Boxing Day is needed as Lottie suckling and an infection is probably causing her some distress - she just purred when I examined her before though so difficult to tell if it is hurting her!

I remember finding a fully adult "kitten" suckling when her mother had another litter a year later.  the mother didnt mind but ...

janet12000

« Reply #389 on: December 27, 2009, 16:57 »
This is gross but I'll share anyway.  :unsure:
When Bruce the feral arrived he was still on syringe/cat bottle feeds.
When he had gained my confidence and realised that I was mummy, he used to have a feed until he was full and then suck on my ear until he fell asleep.  :ohmy:
Really cute while he was a tiny little kit bit, but not quite so cute when he tries to do it now he is a huge lump of a cat!

xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig
xx
Cats

Started by dookie on Pets without Feathers

84 Replies
Last post December 02, 2009, 00:07
by Paul Plots
xx
Who would have cats ?

Started by spottymint on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post April 02, 2013, 08:20
by composthappens
xx
The Forum Cats

Started by Spana on Pets without Feathers

61 Replies
Last post November 22, 2010, 22:05
by CluckyChicken

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 37 queries.