Sick tomatoes

• 3 Replies

tonybarebones

Sick tomatoes
« on: September 07, 2009, 21:38 »
Hello all, my tomatoes are looking a bit grim :-( please could someone verify my suspicions that perhaps this has got something to do with the fact that swimbo has removed 99% of the leaves (they are small and feel soft) thanking you in advance Tony :-)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Sick tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 22:07 »
Welcome to the forums TBB  :D

I'll move this over to Grow Your Own as it's about growing things; feel free to pop back into the Welcome Forum and tell us a bit more about your growing if you'd like

Removal of leaves can create problems in certain circumstance - and may be necessary in others - but without a piccie it's impossible to diagnose the problem.

Here's the link to posting piccies if you need it

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=19476.0

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 00:39 »
All the tomatoes that I grew this year eventually looked a bit grim, that's normal.  Removing leaves during the growing season I regard as necessary.  Your tomatoes are looking a bit grim because it's the end of the growing season for them.
Cheese makes everything better.

Trillium

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 01:30 »
Not only the growing season as Ice mentions, but also the way the toms were grown could be a contributing factor of why your toms are soft now. Perhaps not enough manure or water or sun or warm weather. All affect toms which are definitely a warm season crop. Now that cooler nights are slipping in, the toms must struggle harder. Like Ice, I too remove most of my leaves by mid August so the toms can finish ripening.

question
Confused by sick tomatoes

Started by SarahB on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post July 26, 2010, 09:40
by SarahB
xx
Sick Beans

Started by Quetzal on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 05, 2009, 22:39
by Yorkie
xx
sick courgettes

Started by MarkG on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post April 28, 2008, 23:08
by MarkG
xx
sick of rain

Started by purplebean on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post June 17, 2010, 20:44
by purplebean

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 31 queries.