WASPS

• 44 Replies

nickthegreek

WASPS
« on: August 23, 2009, 18:10 »
Just been down the allotment for the first time took some photos then started to dig it over put the spade in for the 3rd and thought that I had stood on a nettle but then realised that the plot had been strimmed looked at my chest and seen a wasp so put 2 and 2 together and realised that it was a wasp sting on my leg then the one on my chest stung me aswell I then got stung another 4 times 6 stings in 5 minutes aint fun believe me I still hurting now and it was 2 hours ago evenb got a third nipple for my troubles !!!

Gonna have to get onto the council about it tommorrow see what they can do scared to go back down there now good job I am not allergic to them hey !!!

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
Re: WASPS
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 18:25 »
We ahve loads of wasps on the plum trees at the mo, I got stung under my arm  OW.
I HATE WASPS :(
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 19:09 »
It's that time of year again, when they get really unfriendly :ohmy:

mr Isaccs

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 19:22 »
Wasps are my pet hate too,
you should see me in a pub beer garden,
running around arms flailing, squealing like a girl,
i get some pretty funny looks but i cant help it, i just panic,
give me an angry dog to calm, or a huge spider to rehouse and im fine,
I'm banned for being obnoxious (not pompous as you might have thought)

pumpkinpatch

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 20:13 »
ahh where's the flame thrower when you need it  :lol:

nickthegreek

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 20:26 »
ahh where's the flame thrower when you need it  :lol:

I think I will need more than that googled wasps stings and it says that after they sting you they leave some sort of signal inside the person and the rest of the worlds population of wasps then come and hunt you down I was getting stung about 2 to 300 metres away from my plot but aint sure if it was stuck in my clothing !! still in pain now had anti histamene!! cortasone cream vineager  a hot shower !!!

how will they get rid of them ?

pawsnclaws

• Experienced Member
    • my web site
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 21:19 »
my son got stung on his hand the other day and few people have been stung at the beer fest today they keep coming in my kitchen i am sure we have more than normal this year i also do the squealing mad woman thing and my partner gets so embarrassed lol poor bloke  :tongue2:  :tongue2: he though is highly allergic to them and nearly died when he was younger so he should be scared too lol

nickthegreek

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 21:34 »
my son got stung on his hand the other day and few people have been stung at the beer fest today they keep coming in my kitchen i am sure we have more than normal this year i also do the squealing mad woman thing and my partner gets so embarrassed lol poor bloke  :tongue2:  :tongue2: he though is highly allergic to them and nearly died when he was younger so he should be scared too lol

thats what i was worried about my brother in law was just laughing at me !!! >:(

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 21:45 »
A bloke a few plots up from me had a wasp nest un known to him the naughty boys as they site rep calls them came along to do some bramble clearing and some of them got stung. He phoned the plot holder and asked him to get the wasp delt with he replyed i never asked for there help and the nest dont bother me i wonder what will happen about this one.
Thanks
Kris

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 21:59 »
Afarmer died over there the other from disturbing a wasps nest, only in his 40's i think :(
      I swear i haven't seen ONE wasp here this year, they are usually a nightmare, but we've had no rain hardly at all, been a very hot dry summer, would rain have something to do with wasps or the heat? Flies have been a nightmare :(
      I've asked all my friends if they've seen wasps and they've all said no :blink:
     The good news is rain forecast for tomorrow yippee :)
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

Babstreefern

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 22:08 »
I was stung last Sunday on the back of my hand.  Wasn't bad the day it happened, but the next day, whew, it felt as if the sting had gone into the bone - really painful.  I've still got it today, although it itches, but the hole is still there where the sting entered.
Babs

Salmo

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 00:11 »
Wasps never travel far from their nest. If you have lots the nest is probably within 100 yards. Watch which way the wasps go when they leave and follow them. If they go over a fence or across a roof go the other side and wait for the next one. Chemists and garden centres sell various packs to kill them. The simplest is a powder to tip into the nest entrance. If the nest entrance is somewhere awquard, like under the house eaves, you will need a professional to deal with it. Some councils destroy nests free, others charge or recommend a pest controller.

goodegg

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 16:55 »
to kill wasps fill your little hand sprayer with petrol and spray them but not near a fire when i was cutting down a lot of trees i allways had mine with me they come after the sap when you spray them they freeze

Greengirl

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 17:02 »
Unleaded or diesel?   ;)

scabs

• I love the smell of rhubarb in the morning
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 17:04 »
I fear I have a nest in or around my compost heap, there were tonnes of the b*ggers yesterday, had to shoo my little girl away pronto as they were getting a bit feisty.

xx
Wasps

Started by milan on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post June 05, 2009, 19:49
by milan
xx
Wasps

Started by Eristic on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post September 30, 2006, 17:39
by Ian_P
xx
Wasps?

Started by Siouxfly on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post May 29, 2010, 16:51
by raisedbed
xx
wasps

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 07, 2017, 22:02
by Salmo

Page created in 0.467 seconds with 39 queries.