Aint life grand?

• 7 Replies

lottielearner

Aint life grand?
« on: July 13, 2009, 19:05 »
I am new to all this veg growing malarky having taken on an allotment last September.. wow what have I been missing?? I thought a veg was a veg until I started bringing my own home, they even smell better than the supermarket stuff.
This site has been a godsend, loads of information, inspiration and recipes too! Tonight I have made a big pot of courgette soup all home grown, so a big thanks to all of you on here, most of what I have learnt has been from this site and John's brilliant books! So happy planting one and all, I'm off to soak my aching back!! :D :D :nowink: :D :D
Chuck it in - it won't grow in the packet!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Aint life grand?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 19:09 »
 :D :D :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

animal mad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 20:11 »
i am glad someone else feels the same way, i have just started with my allotment this year and it is brilliant, i have even gone one step further and got some chickens and i love it. could i have the recipe for your soup as i have loads of courgetts to useup, thanks

lottielearner

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 20:43 »
You are so lucky to have chickens.. I am hoping for that when the job is no more and I have a lot more time to spare.
The recipe I used is actually on this site in the recipe section I just modified it a bit by adding some carrots - guess where they came from??!!  ;) hee hee hee

Green as grass!

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 18:02 »
This is my first year having an allotment too. I talked my husband into helping me at first as it was a lot of heavy digging. He agreed to help until i could manage on my own but now i cant keep him away! Have finally relented and am now calling it 'our' allotment!! Happy days indeed! :D :D

Libby

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 21:26 »
I am trying to imagine life without my allotment.  Not just the steady supply of fresh fruit and veg but the friends I have met down there, the things I have learned about bugs and the weather!  Learning to make jam with fruit I have grown.  The days I have spent with my other half clearing the plot and seeing our work pay off. Life without my allotment - no way!

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 23:23 »
i am glad someone else feels the same way, i have just started with my allotment this year and it is brilliant, i have even gone one step further and got some chickens and i love it. could i have the recipe for your soup as i have loads of courgetts to useup, thanks

try the cake recipe in the recipe section, made it last weekend and it was fab! I skipped the cream cheese filling and made a lime drizzle mix instead.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 09:01 »
I've posted a recipe for courgette & rocket soup in the competition pages somewhere i think, if you want to look it up

xx
I aint got no germination.

Started by oakridge on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 15, 2016, 19:42
by Thrutchington
xx
I aint doing that again... peas in guttering..

Started by mandycharlie on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post May 04, 2007, 10:02
by Annie
xx
seeds in the grand

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 24, 2011, 13:13
by Casey76
xx
Going on Holiday - "Worried" aint the word !!!!!

Started by webby139 on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post August 05, 2011, 02:20
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.568 seconds with 28 queries.