Me Again.... Question about Leaf Curl

• 4 Replies

Sharonx

• Experienced Member
Me Again.... Question about Leaf Curl
« on: July 13, 2009, 08:12 »
Hi,
Have a lovely Victoria Plum tree on the plot which has been savaged by what is believed to be Leaf Curl. The tree was fine last weekend, well I say fine, it certainly wasn't in this state but must have had damage but I wouldn't have noticed.

This weekend the leaves have gone brown, and are shedding. The remaining leaves and even the new ones are coming through thick and leathery and curled up. When inspecting it it also looks like it has been eaten by something.

I have sprayed with a Bordeaux solution (advice of another plot holder, not me being clever & knowledgeable  ;))

My question is, now it has been sprayed, do I just wait for an inprovement or should I be doing anything else to help the poorly tree along. Does it require any further applications or is one sufficient?

Thanks

Spana

Re: Me Again.... Question about Leaf Curl
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:07 »
Is it a young tree?  Is it dry at the roots. Have you checked for aphids/greenfly. Anything that is under stress will be more prone to pests and diseases.
My plum trees are usless this year.

Sharonx

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:53 »
It was planted in 2007 and last year we had a supurb amount of plums from it.

I didn't prune it so it looks a bit of a mess, but there is quite a bit of fruit on it. I have looked best I can for any signs of aphids etc, but they may have been and moved on.

Somebody else said to me about the lack of water it may be getting, I always thought a tree would find its own water so I am guilty of not watering it.

What's my next job? Can I give it a prune now or wait until after the fruit have come off?

Spana

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 11:22 »
Poor little tree, sounds as if its trying to hard for you :lol: I think its just a young tree thats never really got established before it started to fruit heavily but what to do now  i wouldn't like to say , sorry.  I'm useless with fruit trees, been on the coarse, eaten the pies :lol: but still cant get my head round the looking after :blink:
I'm sure someone here will help with what to do.  I think if i'm lucky and they dont drop off I'll get 4 plums from all of 6 trees this year. 

Sharonx

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 14:30 »
Oh dear, that's not good!

Hopefully somebody will help soon. Thanks

xx
Leaf Curl?

Started by Auntiemogs on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post April 22, 2012, 22:00
by lucywil
xx
redcurrant leaf curl

Started by viettaclark on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 29, 2010, 00:02
by viettaclark
xx
Tomato Leaf Curl

Started by steven c on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 18, 2024, 12:28
by mumofstig
xx
Peach leaf curl

Started by jaws on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 28, 2009, 04:29
by Trillium

Page created in 0.823 seconds with 30 queries.