New additions and egg colour question!

• 1 Replies

clairebeau

• Experienced Member
    • My Blog. Brambly Corner.
New additions and egg colour question!
« on: May 14, 2009, 21:22 »
Hello all,
I have only posted on here a few times, ages ago actually, usually someone will have asked my questions before so I just rumage around rather than you having to answer the same questions all over just for me.  I thank you.
Anyhow, I have added to our brood of 2 girls(warrens) with 2 gorgeous, I have to repeat myself there 'GORGEOUS' Partridge wyandottes!  Now don't get me wrong here,  although we adore Daisy and Sarah they certainly weren't at the front of the queue when the pretty feathers were handed out!  They're also not the most dainty of women I have known!  They they trip over anything and everything, and don't seem to have any manners!  They fit in beautifully with my lads though, and foolishly follow them around dodging footballs, rugby balls, scooters and the like all day if they could, even running up and over homemade skateboard ramps taking their turn to the delight of my boys.  They've been the best outdoor toys I could ever have purchased, swiftly being promoted to treasured members of our slightly mad family!  But back to my adorable little wyandottes!!!  One is about 4 months old (thats Wendy) and the other (Heidi) is about 3 months.  My pal has a farm and I just had to steal them from her!
Now, I have a question sort of slightly distantly related to the new girls.  Egg Colours!  I am lead to believe that these two new ones will lay a creamy sort of coloured egg.  But whilst i've been looking around I have noticed some breeds have blue white dark brown light brown etc.  What do they mean when they say 'Tinted'?
Gosh I can waffle on!  Thank you for listening and catch you soon.
Please don't ask for pics of them as I am useless and really really honestly can not work it out!  Cheerio bye. x
Claire. x

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker!" - Ogden Nash

Foxy

Re: New additions and egg colour question!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 21:26 »
Hello clairebeau!

Think of "tinted" as in paint colours -so white maybe tinted with cream, a blue tinted egg -which would look like a faint wash of blue...etc... :) :)

xx
Yet another Question re colour of droppings

Started by Prod on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 16, 2014, 08:45
by Sassy
xx
Duck classification/colour question from a beginner!

Started by lisacj on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 18, 2010, 08:48
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
Welcome the new additions

Started by slowef on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post July 20, 2007, 20:35
by chicksforkicks
xx
New additions!

Started by Paganchick on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post October 07, 2008, 13:24
by Roughlee Handled

Page created in 0.495 seconds with 30 queries.