does anyone grow fruit ?

• 2 Replies

garddwr

does anyone grow fruit ?
« on: December 28, 2008, 10:01 »
Hi,

Does anyone grow fruti succesfully ? Either the greenhouse or outdoors, if so which fruits ? Do you get fruit in the first year with an apple tree ?

Thanks

Porffor

does anyone grow fruit ?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:20 »
I think the rule of thumb is no fruit in the first year, but you can buy year old tree's ;)

I will answer yes to the fruit.. but i won't really know till this summer... I bought 'in fruit' gooseberry, Blueberry and Blackcurrant bushes in the summer... a cheats way I know but we enjoyed the fruit and am hoping they 'make it'!  :lol:
I would like to add tayberryies (because their thornless) and rhubarb (because I love it) evenetually. :)

My elderly next door neighbour has been in her house since our road was built.. she fondly told me tales of the first person who lived in my house.. they grew vegetables and fruit! Guess they'll approve of my gardening style  :lol:

jannie

• Experienced Member
does anyone grow fruit ?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 10:58 »
hi i grow loads of different fruit nearly most everything next going to treat my self to pear tree have a father in-law who keeps turning up with more and more  tree's  :? 3 figs, 3 different grapes [not having much luck with them]3 plumbs 5 apples need a cooker though 1 cherry thornless blackberry ,tayberry, rasberry ,blackcurrents ,gooseberry ,stawberry's rubarb and endless nut tree's  :) i'm excusted jan

xx
What Fruit and Veg is Easy To Grow?

Started by Blingblongx on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post October 06, 2008, 23:12
by Johndeb
xx
Anyone grow Kiwi fruit ?

Started by richyrich7 on Grow Your Own

44 Replies
Last post May 11, 2008, 10:34
by Kiwi
xx
What fruit tree to grow ?

Started by Thamesmeadhammer on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 13, 2009, 18:32
by SG6
xx
Fruit to grow in half sun

Started by WhippetMaster on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post March 10, 2009, 21:52
by Babstreefern

Page created in 0.705 seconds with 36 queries.