small space grow your own

• 7 Replies

samz

« on: November 10, 2008, 20:27 »
I dont have any grass in my garden, I simply have a backyard! Has anyone got any tips for growing herbs etc INDOORS ??? :lol:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 20:37 »
How about a raised bed in the yard, I've successfully grown carrots tomatoes, potatoes, peas in raised beds on concrete with approx 8" of good soil.

Have a look at this we grew by this method and it works very well indeed  :D
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

samz

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 20:42 »
wow that looks great!!! Thanks for that, I will have a good study of it :lol:  :lol:  thank you :lol:

kezlou

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 21:05 »
Hiya Sams i grow in pots, bins, milk carton anything really and i  all have is concrete in a tiny yard so know exactly what you mean.
I grew potatoes this year in grow bags and an old bin. Only thing with pots is they take a lot of water.
Who needs a guard-dog when you can have cats for guards!

samz

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 21:08 »
thanks for that!! i grow my flower seeds every year and am getting better at flowers, but fancied trying my hand at some veg!! Cant beat home grown!!! :lol: My uncle has an allotment and i am going to put my name down now for one :lol:

kezlou

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 21:14 »
I'll have the pics i posted on here of the salad milk cartons and hanging baskets. I managed to get a 1/4 plot of allotment this year grew tons of pumpkins on it. But i must i prefer my concrete garden.
It looked like a jungle this with all tomato plants and peas spread all over the place. It felt like i had a garden not just a concrete  grey depressing block.
This my first year of growing veg next year i'm hoping to grow some flowers in between the brick holes near my front door.
Any tips for a novice flower grower?  :D

samz

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 21:54 »
well I dont know how anyone else fares but I am growing my flowers sooner this year as mine always seem to be the last to bloom :?

sundancer

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 22:01 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"
How about a raised bed in the yard, I've successfully grown carrots tomatoes, potatoes, peas in raised beds on concrete with approx 8" of good soil.

Have a look at this we grew by this method and it works very well indeed  :D
some great idears on here :D

Page created in 0.439 seconds with 27 queries.