Christmas Puds

• 64 Replies

Poolfield2

Christmas Puds
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 21:28 »
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/aqDToiiai6jQyIIsVm_iSQ

Well done happy chick, by tomorrow the fruit will have soaked up most of the liquid, apart from what you drank :wink:

The pics above are my first few ready to be delivered and a picture of the first 46 waiting to be wrapped.

Hope all goes well for you when you have chance to get mixing. Do you make cakes? Are you ok about creaming butter and sugar til light and fluffy and adding eggs a little at a time?

happy chick

• Experienced Member
Christmas Puds
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 21:55 »
Wow, they look fab, especially with the wrapping.  I would definitely buy those.  Yep I do make cakes, not very well though.  I'm very impatient when it comes to adding the eggs bit by bit and usually end up curdling things... :?  I'll be patient with the puds though. Promise :wink:
Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny
                                         - Tyron Edwards

Poolfield2

Christmas Puds
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 22:05 »
Good luck, think calm thoughts and be patient :lol:

happy chick

• Experienced Member
Christmas Puds
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2008, 16:07 »
We're steaming!!!

happy chick

• Experienced Member
Christmas Puds
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 16:39 »
Half an hour in; no Christmassy smell yet  :?

must remember to be patient, Happy Chick, be patient, be patient...........

Poolfield2

Christmas Puds
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008, 19:01 »
Did you get them yummy smell yet? Keep going on the patience exercises :lol:  How will you last til Christmas to eat it :?:

happy chick

• Experienced Member
Christmas Puds
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2008, 19:33 »
Nearly 3.5 hours in and house still not smelling too Christmas puddingy yet.  The smell's good when I take the lid of the steamer tho.  My plastic pots are 1/4 pint size.  I've got a saucepan steamer set with 3 ickle puddings in one tier and 3 in the other.  I know I've got to swap the tiers around halfway thro I was just wondering how long would you give them  in total.  I've estimated 4 hrs :? (iswapped the steamer tiers at the 2 hr point)??

happy chick

• Experienced Member
Christmas Puds
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2008, 20:55 »
Well guess what we're finished!!!  
I have had the taste session and am really happy with the results.  The texture is very different from the shop bought ones.  More crumbly and not so heavy.  I think that's down to using breadcrumbs and not suet.  OH has given them the thumbs up and he doesn't normally like Christmas puds!

The only problem is out of 6 I've only got 4 intact ones left; :oops: I is too greedy.  Still got mixture left to make more.  And my friend is having a charity sale for Christmas and I've offered to donate some puds, so Poolfield, looks like I'll be joining the charideee Christmas pudding club. :cheers:

Poolfield2

Christmas Puds
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 22:24 »
Oh happy chick I'm so glad they worked and :lol:  :lol:  :lol: can't believe you've already eaten 2, so we have converted your OH to Christmas Puds :cheers:

I've been to line dancing tonight and delivered 6 more puds and got 2 more orders, one order is to replace one that they have already eaten ............just to test it :lol:  :lol:

happy chick

• Experienced Member
Christmas Puds
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2008, 22:33 »
A big thank you to you, Poolfield, for sharing your recipe and tips, and for giving me the nudge to do it :wink: .  Thank you,  really looking forward to Christmas now!! :D

Moosey

Christmas Puds
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 13:14 »
I'm also going to have a go at making my own!  Hopefully this weekend.  What I was wondering, if i cook the pud in a glass pudding bowl with the greasproof paper top, how do I then store it afterwards.  And when it is re-heated does it go back into the bowl :?:

Sorry if this is really obvious but never had a go at a Christmas pud before!

:D
We all have wings but some of us don't know why.

Parsnip

Christmas Puds
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2008, 19:21 »
Poolfield, what size pudding basin does the recipe fill, I have a red one the same as yours in the photo, but it's a  big one, I kept it from a bought one we had last year?

Also where did you get your wrapping paper, they look great, Im making Christmas cakes as pressies, I'd like to wrap them up?...I'm going to be making them a Christmas pud each aswell now, from your Recipe  :D

Aswell as one or two for us  :wink:

Poolfield2

Christmas Puds
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2008, 19:41 »
The recipe is for 2.5 pints but you can split it up to make smaller ones. Each pudding is wrapped in red or green tissue then cellophane and tied with curling ribbon, the tissue I got from a pound shop but the cellophane was bought via our village shop with their Christmas order. Small amouts can be bought in Hobby Craft.

At this rate we will bring the readymade pudding suppliers to their knees :lol:  :lol: I've just lifted out pudding number 52 :shock:

Parsnip

Christmas Puds
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2008, 19:48 »
Jeepers, you must be exhausted but  I bet your house smells gorgeous.......mmmm

I've just taken my third Crimbo cake out of the oven...god it smells good..

Thanks for the tips Poolfield, there's a Hobbycraft in Coventry, so I'll go get some...

I reckon my mum and dad and my friends are going to be delighted with their home made gifts.. :D

nothinghasdiedyet

• Experienced Member
    • My Blog
Christmas Puds
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2008, 10:53 »
Wow thread has had a few replies since I was last able to log on.

I had the same thing when making my puds in that I used half bottle to soak and the other half to drink  :lol:

Anyway we now have 2 puds ready and 1 will be eaten tonight when some friends are expected  8)

Going to make another 2 today.

Oh BTW the Christmas cake I made has disappeared somewhere if anyone has seen it could they phone Esther in the Jungle on her new Cakewatch number

xx
Christmas Puds!

Started by Riala on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

35 Replies
Last post October 01, 2009, 07:37
by SMD66
xx
So...How did the Christmas cooking go?

Started by Sally A on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

13 Replies
Last post December 30, 2007, 21:28
by SnooziSuzi
xx
Christmas hamper

Started by matilda duck on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

88 Replies
Last post January 07, 2010, 20:17
by Poolfield2
xx
My first Christmas Cake !

Started by Kleftiwallah on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post January 07, 2011, 19:13
by Trillium

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 31 queries.