BRAND NEW ALLOTMENT?

• 4 Replies

fallen angel

• Experienced Member
BRAND NEW ALLOTMENT?
« on: October 08, 2008, 20:25 »
Ok as some of you know I took over with a friend an allotment in april and to be truthfull I have not done anywhere as much as I had hoped but personal issues have forced that circumstance. Anyhow I have been on another allotment list since before I took over the allotment with my friend.

Well due to the old laws of if there is a waiting list for an allotment the council must provide the council have purchased some land and are currently treating it before being able to let it out. I have been into the council offices today and signed to say that yes I will be willing to be considered for the new plots. Now what I am wondering is when the council first let out allotments are they just a grassed area that the tenant has to sort out or do they have to supply them already degrassed ect? I don't mind putting the work in but am wondering if there are any laws or regulations on it? Also if I do get one of the new plots does anyone have any advice in regards to it?

Many thanks in advance Nicky xxx

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
BRAND NEW ALLOTMENT?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 21:56 »
No idea Nicky to be honest, but I can remember at least 1 of our members having brand new plots and they where all cleared and turned over ready to go.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
BRAND NEW ALLOTMENT?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 09:07 »
I would guess that the will be cleaned, as in strimmed and any junk taken off site, some may even rotovate the plot but I cant imagine they would jungles.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

fallen angel

• Experienced Member
BRAND NEW ALLOTMENT?
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 09:22 »
Thanks for the replies guys fingers crossed i get one as the half plot i already have is clay soil and isnt very succesfull with some crops so would be nice if i get one of the new ones and it is a different soil type then fingers crossed i will get the best of both worlds.

I also wanted to know so i can plan what work i do where and when they have told me that the new plots could be ready as early as begining of next year so fingers crossed if there is not to much start up work i will be able to get a full season of crops from the start!

Many thanks Nicky xxx

Apostrophes

• http://www.richard-seymour.net
BRAND NEW ALLOTMENT?
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 13:13 »
I have a brand-new plot and the council are, as we speak, clearing it for us. They're in no hurry, but I shouldn't complain.

Richard
The idiots are winning.

question
Brand new allotment

Started by BatterBits on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post March 28, 2011, 22:24
by Yorkie
xx
Brand new allotment

Started by st0ne5ish on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post October 02, 2010, 21:20
by st0ne5ish
xx
Brand new bed - but what can i put in it now?

Started by FCG on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post May 29, 2008, 13:23
by peapod
xx
Which seed brand do you go for?

Started by Tenhens on Grow Your Own

29 Replies
Last post February 22, 2023, 00:35
by wolveryeti

Page created in 0.47 seconds with 36 queries.