frogs

• 9 Replies

lisa

frogs
« on: May 03, 2006, 13:30 »
started to clear the abyss and am looking forward to a good bonfire this evening.  the only issue i have is the ruddy frogs!  hate em, scare the life out of me so i ve invested in super tight top wellies and a good long stick to poke em out the way!  wish i could like them but no, sorry.  planted some lettuce in trays to start off so heres hoping I clear the plot (or a space at least!) to put them in.  having great fun up to now but will come back to you all on that one at a later date.  :lol:

SweetPea

• Experienced Member
frogs
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 14:37 »
At least they eat the slugs! :D I hate spiders (really hate spiders!) but I do feel more kindly towards them when I remind myself that they gobble up all the aphids... ;)

ang

frogs
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 16:31 »
The allotment we took on had a sunken bath, the more weeds and rubbish we've cleared the more frogs we've found. So carefully move them to the edge of the bath.  I love them they eat slugs  :mrgreen:

twysted1

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/v2/profile.asp?Main=1&PF=7907
frogs
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 09:25 »
i am cleaning out a garden pond at the weekend and last week i checked it out and found that it had newts as well as frogs and lots of fish. althogh i think most tadpoles will have been eaten by the fish but i will have to keep my eye out for any little ones.

lisa

frogs
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 09:38 »
my friend is a teaching assistant at a local school and yesterday they spent the afternoon looking at the frogs in the school pond, apparently they also had a newt or two in there but they ve disappeared which the kids were disappointed at, so its good to let local schools have some of your taddies etc, kids love em.  my friend was telling kids about me and my love!! of frogs and one kid said she must be good to grow frogs on her lottyment miss!!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
frogs
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 20:42 »
Frogs are good friends to the gardener and spiders do no harm and probably some help. I'm still phobic about spiders though.  I trained a cat to catch them once but he decided I must like them and started bringing them in from the garden for me, which was a little counter-productive.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
frogs
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 22:26 »
I'll loan you my dog John.  I just have to say spiders Penny, and she's off to find them and eat them, then I don't feel guilty because it wasn't me who killed them.  Mind you, I leave the ones alone in the greenhouse, but some of them are getting BIG!

Penny's also a good mole catcher.  Last year she caught 16 and so far this year, no moles!!!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
frogs
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 22:44 »
Thanks for the kind offer, Annie. The voting was as follows:
In favour - 2 (Val and me)
Against - 3 ( The Cat Party)
I duly declare the motion defeated :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
frogs
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 23:00 »
LOL, no worries John, our cat doesn't like Penny either!!!

cede

frogs
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 19:45 »
me too lisa. i remember when we were little my brother used to collect them into a bucket then throw them all at me - sweet hey?! but i'm glad to say that we have slow worms on the plot...

xx
Frogs

Started by Flump on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post April 24, 2013, 23:10
by Flump
xx
Attracting Frogs to my plot?

Started by DissLocated on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post May 19, 2013, 14:43
by 8doubles
xx
will frogs/ toads cause any problems in my veggy patch?

Started by 3759allen on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post March 27, 2013, 09:48
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.471 seconds with 30 queries.