Blight Resistant - Ferline and Legend

• 4 Replies

Lardman

« on: August 29, 2008, 16:17 »
Certainly holding up better than any other plants. BUT they are totally tasteless.  :cry:  Worse than the rubbish from the supermarket. Skins are thick and hard, no sweetness and no sharp acidic tom taste either.

It could just have been the few toms I've tried (Very poor production from both types) - I hope so. But next year I wont waste the space or time on them. Shame really.

Just thought all fellow blight suffers might want to know that they're not the panacea the packets would have you believe.  :evil:

gobs

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 17:57 »
I grew Legend and it did not stand much better than others against blight here and the flavour is as you say, rubbish. Mind, once infected the fruit starts to taste rather bad.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Big Jen

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 21:58 »
I agree, very dissapointed with Ferline, totally tasteless, poor cropper compared with all the other varieties I am growing and still gets blight!
BJ
There are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory, the other two I forget.

vegmandan

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 23:27 »
Sounds similar to the Sarpo spuds thingy,you breed resistance in but lose all the flavour.

I wonder what those supposed carrot fly resistant carrots are like ? probably horrible too. :?

gobs

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 10:22 »
I find Sharpo Mira quite agreeable, if not the best for flavour, haven't tasted Axona yet.

The flavour of the resistant carrots does get a lot of thumbs-down comments, I grew 2 last year, one wasn't much to mention the other was a lot better flavour, unfortunately I didn't know which one was which by the time we were eating them... :roll:

xx
Blight resistant spuds

Started by ditchdigger on Grow Your Own

68 Replies
Last post December 10, 2007, 22:53
by mkhenry
xx
Blight resistant tom seeds

Started by dig4victory on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post August 26, 2009, 18:48
by pushrod
xx
blight resistant potatoes?

Started by ianspud on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 09, 2012, 21:14
by DD.
xx
blight resistant tomatoes

Started by ricky on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post October 27, 2011, 23:49
by cooperman

Page created in 0.588 seconds with 28 queries.