Cooking peppers

• 8 Replies

Cleo

• Experienced Member
Cooking peppers
« on: August 26, 2008, 09:49 »
I'm sure I'm not the only person a bit scuppered by the cool weather this summer.

Tomatoes, courgettes and blackberries are fine but my squash are only just setting now and the peppers...

They have set fruit (just) but hardly seem to be growing despite good feeding and tlc.

They are on the deck outside. Is it worth me bringing them indoors now the fruit is growing to give them a chance to mature...or perhaps they are depressed by my conversation and I should stop speaking to them :-)

Gwiz

Cooking peppers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 12:27 »
perhaps you could try a little light chamber music?
seriously though, I don't ever seem to have a lot of luck with peppers either, and I'm down here in the so-called warmer south.
I think I'll stick to tomatos next year. :roll:

Bombers

Cooking peppers
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 14:51 »
I've noticed a marked improvement with my peppers/Tomy's and cukes over the last few days. I put it down to the warmer temperatures at night :wink:

........ and for those that are interested......

Briany's doing just fine, and guess what............
She's got a brand new baby sister. (Pics to follow!) :D  :D  :D
Life begins... On the kitchen windowsill.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Cooking peppers
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 18:18 »
Quote from: "srebmob"
I've noticed a marked improvement with my peppers/Tomy's and cukes over the last few days. I put it down to the warmer temperatures at night :wink:

Does that mean you are now beating your better half with the toms  :?:  :twisted:

Paula
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Sheehah

Cooking peppers
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 19:01 »
I have just been down to the greenhouse to check on my peppers that were just coming through and some *nasty* person has snapped all the stems and left them on the floor! :cry:  They were doing great, a little slow perhaps....  :evil:
Give weeds an inch and they'll take your yard

Bombers

Cooking peppers
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 19:53 »
Quote from: "peapod"

Does that mean you are now beating your better half with the toms  :?:  :twisted:

Paula

Paula you are awful...... but I like you :wink: (ref: Dick Emery)
Well... It's neck and neck. Both have produced 4-5 trusses, with plenty of nice looking fruit, but neither has any sign of ripening yet....., But it's very very close to the final whistle!

But I have a plan.......... :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

gobs

Cooking peppers
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 21:13 »
Quote from: "peapod"

Paula

Well... It's neck and neck. Both have produced 4-5 trusses, with plenty of nice looking fruit, but neither has any sign of ripening yet.....

You don't mean your better half, do you? :shock:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

gobs

Re: Cooking peppers
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 21:16 »
Quote from: "Cleo"
I'm sure I'm not the only person a bit scuppered by the cool weather this summer.

and the peppers...

They have set fruit (just) but hardly seem to be growing despite good feeding and tlc.

They are on the deck outside. Is it worth me bringing them indoors now the fruit is growing to give them a chance to mature...or perhaps they are depressed by my conversation and I should stop speaking to them :-)

I only put mine outside once, concluded it was not worth the bother, I have lorry loads, grown under cover. To go with me spuds. :lol:

Bombers

Re: Cooking peppers
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 22:50 »
Quote from: "gobs"
Quote from: "Cleo"

and the peppers...

I only put mine outside once, concluded it was not worth the bother, I have lorry loads, grown under cover. To go with me spuds. :lol:

Lots of Tommy sauce to put on yer chips then? :wink:

xx
cooking apples

Started by DIGGER on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post September 29, 2008, 08:20
by FRUITFULL
xx
cooking down the lotty

Started by mr Isaccs on Grow Your Own

29 Replies
Last post February 08, 2010, 18:19
by MoreWhisky
xx
potato cooking chart?

Started by woodburner on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 08, 2009, 19:01
by woodburner
xx
Rev W Wilks cooking apple

Started by londongardener on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 05, 2008, 09:40
by woodburner

Page created in 0.595 seconds with 28 queries.