A bit of a sticky problem.

• 3 Replies

NormandyMary

« on: July 28, 2008, 19:38 »
Spent yesterday afternoon mastic-ing all around the bottom of the conservatory to make it water tight. Spent ages on it making sure it was all done properly.

We've torrential rain at the moment, so OH went to check our handywork from yesterday. There are pools of water all on the floor. He went to investigate, to find that all the mastic had disappeared.

We had an audience as we were doing it, they obviously got a taste for it and ate the lot. Little b*ggers!!

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 19:45 »
Don't know what mastic is but if it is like Linseed putty I'm sure they loved it :lol: .
My grandad fixed a pane of glass into his conservatory one summer and within 5 hours it had dropped out and there was not a scrap of putty to be found. The birds had had the lot.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

poultrygeist

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 22:56 »
I'd keep an eye on them for a few days. Depending on what sort it was, it may contain solvents and other chemicals that may or may not pass through safely.

Make sure they drink and eat plenty and don't start showing any symptoms of illness.

Hope they'll be fine and I'm just worrying for nothing.  :)

Rob  8)

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 23:01 »
Quote from: "Kate and her Ducks"
Don't know what mastic is but if it is like Linseed putty I'm sure they loved it :lol: .
My grandad fixed a pane of glass into his conservatory one summer and within 5 hours it had dropped out and there was not a scrap of putty to be found. The birds had had the lot.

I've seen folks have new windows put in and have to hang stuff out of the window to billow in the breeze otherwise the starlings ate the lot!!  it's a site to see... 30 starlings pecking at a window pane... bit like a Hitchcock movie  :shock:

xx
Sticky egg.

Started by Beano on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post November 01, 2010, 14:16
by Beano
xx
sticky eye

Started by reactiveprism on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post September 21, 2007, 22:34
by muntjac
xx
sticky eyes

Started by Nails on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 11, 2010, 22:13
by Aunt Sally
xx
How di I post a pic please? Can't find sticky

Started by lucyeff on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 24, 2007, 11:01
by lucyeff

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 30 queries.