Starbucks composting - nice letter

• 7 Replies

polly nator

• Experienced Member
« on: July 18, 2008, 13:49 »
I had a very nice letter from Starbucks in response to the Manchester Quay St branch making out the composting scheme had been scrapped.  All good news for us.

Here is an extract

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

We welcome your interest in our 'Grounds for your Garden' scheme. Using coffee grounds in compost is proving increasingly popular and to encourage this practice, our waste coffee grounds are now available to gardeners.

This scheme has not been cancelled and is still in place. I am concerned to hear that the Quay Street store is currently not participating in this scheme. To address this issue directly with the store, I have passed your comments onto the store and district management for them to review with the store team.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 14:18 »
Oh Great!  so they were just being too lazy to bag the stuff up and give it away!!!!!  Lazy so and so's!!!!   :D

mashauk

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 14:52 »
Whatever happened to Have a Nice Day, since they teamed up with McD's they have changed!  Glad to see it's just random though, and I bet if they identify the person who said it they'll be getting told off.

Yabba

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 17:33 »
Quote from: "mashauk"
Whatever happened to Have a Nice Day, since they teamed up with McD's they have changed!  Glad to see it's just random though, and I bet if they identify the person who said it they'll be getting told off.

If they'd *really* teamed up with McD's then they'd be trying to supersize you and get you to take the chip fat as well ;)

¥

polly nator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 18:02 »
One day in York I DID get supersized. They got out a bin bag and filled it up and I could hardly carry it to the bus stop. The garden smelt lovely that week.

mashauk

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 18:05 »
I can't remember now what percentage McD's bought of Starbucks now though :oops:

NoodleSoup

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 21:40 »
In case anyone's interested, I read a nice article on some research on coffee grounds and composting here --> Clicky

mashauk

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 21:55 »
But are they any good at keeping slugs at bay?  I've been using them for a couple of weeks now as I get so much free from work, haven't noticed the difference yet, but a friend at work swears by them.  I was told however that they reviewed them for Gardeners World and they only got 1 out of 10 score :cry:  I do hope it's OK to put them straight on my plants too.

xx
starbucks are doing used coffee grounds

Started by rachelr on Grow Your Own

36 Replies
Last post September 22, 2010, 20:04
by stentman
xx
Starbucks coffee grounds cancelled????

Started by polly nator on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post July 18, 2008, 12:34
by nipper31
xx
Free coffee grounds from Starbucks

Started by fibilou on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 06, 2008, 22:07
by compostqueen
xx
Got my letter from the Council about the allotment

Started by nickmcmechan on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post November 28, 2010, 09:01
by fatbelly

Page created in 0.397 seconds with 36 queries.