allotment rent

• 7 Replies

peterjf

allotment rent
« on: July 18, 2008, 10:26 »
hi there again , our local council (hull city council) are currently assessing a rebate for our allotment keepers, we usually receive our plot bills in april

because of the flooding last year and the fact that the flood water was pumped onto the allotment site (NEWLAND AVENUE ), the council are still working out  the rebate and we are into july already,

though we are not complaining about the delay, even being considered for a rebate is a good thing ,

is anyone on this site getting any rebate from their allotment owners

woodburner

Re: allotment rent
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:25 »
Quote from: "peterjf"
the flood water was pumped onto the allotment site

They what[/b]?!? Never mind the rebate, they should be sued for damages! Seed potatoes don't come cheap, never mind the lost crops and wasted time! Natural flooding is one thing but pumped out water is hardly an 'act of god'  :evil:
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

jack russell

allotment rent
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 12:45 »
I totally agree with wood burner they are taking the pee this is not acceptable i would be expecting full compo plus a bit more  :wink:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

jannie

• Experienced Member
allotment rent
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 13:59 »
all councils are  :evil: ours have now requested everyones name and address so they can inform us that if we get hurt on our plots we are not insured and we garden at our own risk but if some b****r comes to rob us and gets hurt they are  :twisted:

Paddywack

• Experienced Member
allotment rent
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 15:04 »
all councils are, ours have now requested everyones name and address so they can inform us that if we get hurt on our plots we are not insured and we garden at our own risk but if some b****r comes to rob us and gets hurt they are

The world has gone mad!

How many people feel that the honest hard working person is getting stiched up like a kipper by the councils/goverment etc and the thieving lowlifes piles of sh*t are getting away with almost everything because they have had a hard life, so it's not their fault!!!!!!

BigPaddy

• Experienced Member
allotment rent
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 17:23 »
Another effect of this 'problem' is that no-one is being thrown off the allotments for not paying rent. At Wold Road we have loads of overgrown plots which remain paid-up until the bills go out nad people then have one month to pay.

Aside from the fact i would like a second plot there are plenty of people who cant get an allotment because they are full! Whats more who want islands weeds everywhere?

Oh I think I started to rant  :o
Patrick
Hull, East yorkshire

birmancats

• Experienced Member
  • RIP Toffee
allotment rent
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 17:42 »
Paddywack I couldn't have put it better   :batman:

green fingers

• Experienced Member
allotment rent
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 19:53 »
ours is privately owned.  A full £8 a year! but we dont have any water laid on!!   Money in the bank but the committee wont spend it!  Backward or what

Oh memories of Newland Avenue - I lived off Newland Ave years ago - how's Pearson Park doing?

xx
Allotment Rent

Started by scentedstock on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post February 15, 2008, 16:29
by Lynne
xx
Increase in allotment rent

Started by gus on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post March 11, 2008, 15:47
by fibilou
xx
allotment for rent Burbage leicestershire

Started by burbage123 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 16:38
by Sweetpea C
xx
wyevale garden centers - allotment spaces to rent

Started by rem858 on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post May 17, 2010, 18:50
by Yabba

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 31 queries.