R-COM 20 PRO HELP NEEDED FAST

• 16 Replies

naturesparadise

« on: May 26, 2008, 11:48 »
just went to candle duck eggs as they have now been in for 10 days and the eggs are cold

and yet the read out is telling me its fine 99.5 f

so i dont know what the prob is any ideas please

Vember

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:56 »
:shock: I'm searching everywhere NP and can't find anything :(

You've not had a power cut??? We had one last week, obviously the temp gauge would've gone down too ?

Have u candled anyway? Any signs of life?

Put thermom some where else to check it's workin  :?

naturesparadise

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 12:46 »
Quote from: "Vember"
:shock: I'm searching everywhere NP and can't find anything :(

You've not had a power cut??? We had one last week, obviously the temp gauge would've gone down too ?

Have u candled anyway? Any signs of life?

Put thermom some where else to check it's workin  :?

i cant find any info myself i have the incubator at home now

i reset the to day one as there is no sine of life

naturesparadise

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 13:04 »
the incubator is blowing out cold air  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

not warm air WTH is wrong with this thing

kizza

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 13:20 »
Your incubator is kerplunked?  :wink:  Depending on how long the eggs have been cold for it may be an idea to candle them, throw away the ones which are dead :( and in the meantime put the living embryos next to a hot stove or a cooker top? until you have the incy working. Other option is to throw all eggs away, they may have been left so long the embryo's have gotten too cold and died, and starting again with a whole new batch and maybe a new incubator??

naturesparadise

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 14:50 »
Quote from: "kizza"
Your incubator is kerplunked?  :wink:  Depending on how long the eggs have been cold for it may be an idea to candle them, throw away the ones which are dead :( and in the meantime put the living embryos next to a hot stove or a cooker top? until you have the incy working. Other option is to throw all eggs away, they may have been left so long the embryo's have gotten too cold and died, and starting again with a whole new batch and maybe a new incubator??

it dose not look like incubation started as it just been blowing cold air on the eggs from the start  :twisted:

naturesparadise

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 17:45 »
well so far im not impressed with the RCOM its a lot of cash for what you get

i now think its over priced and i wont be saving for one

its more of a gadget than an incubator

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 18:17 »
Sorry to hear you are having such a nightmare. I have the same incubator and had a problem with the humidity as a bit was missing but it has been fine since replaced. Sounds like the thermostat is bust if its reading fine but blowing cold air. Would be happy to incubate some eggs for you once mine hatch (this weekend hopefully) if thats any help but I'm a bit far away and its not the same as hatching your own, is it.
 :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Kate
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 18:37 »
Oh no.

Get on the phone as soon as you can to who ever it was supplied you with the incubator tell them the situation and you need a replacement immediately.  If the eggs haven't started incubating you have two choices either start them in another incubator or throw them out and start again.

I have incubated eggs older than ten days old and have had some hatch so it is still possible.

Good luck.
40 hens, 8 cockerels, 3 dogs, 2 rabbits, 8 chinchillas, 2 teenage daughters and O/H

naturesparadise

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 20:21 »
im now looking at what incubator to get my self or do i build a new one  :?  :?  :?

naturesparadise

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 20:57 »
just got an email from the place i got the R-COM  from they want me to post the top part back to them

it will cost £18.99 to send it back  :twisted:

who are they kidding why cant they send me a new part and pick up the busted part when its delivered

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 21:58 »
I had a similar experience with my Rcom supplier I asked for them to send me a replacement and on receipt of the new machine I would return the old one.  I was told we don't do that you will have to send the old one back first.  I don't want a repaired machine I want a new one that works, thats what I paid for in the first place.  As you already know I still haven't sent mine back yet as I only have a minor problem but its flippen annoying.  

Why should you pay to send a faulty incubator back I would be tempted to say it wasn't fit for purpose can they refund your money but thats just me.

naturesparadise

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 22:01 »
Quote from: "chicken soup"
I had a similar experience with my Rcom supplier I asked for them to send me a replacement and on receipt of the new machine I would return the old one.  I was told we don't do that you will have to send the old one back first.  I don't want a repaired machine I want a new one that works, thats what I paid for in the first place.  As you already know I still haven't sent mine back yet as I only have a minor problem but its flippen annoying.  

Why should you pay to send a faulty incubator back I would be tempted to say it wasn't fit for purpose can they refund your money but thats just me.

the thing is its the landlords incubator so its up to him they are only 30 odd miles away so he could take it back to them

but ill ring them tomorrow and see whats what if he wants to pay to send it back thats upto him i guess

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 22:36 »
Grrrr... :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Don't you just hate it when companies do everything to avoid their responsibilities like this.  To be fair I got my R-COM from the Incubator Shop and they were really good when I contacted them about the problem with mine, couldn't fault them.

olde9856

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 12:21 »
Everyone seems to have problems with these incubators, mine wont keep the humidity up, it keeps telling me the wates empty even though it is full. Ive checked the tubes etc for blockages but cant find anything amiss. Just think they are over priced gadgets.

xx
Need hens fast!

Started by Tulip on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 09, 2007, 11:34
by Tulip
xx
How fast to get through pellets

Started by SpudtheBinx on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post June 24, 2009, 11:05
by bubs
xx
hen put weight on fast

Started by gaz.grace on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 06, 2009, 21:04
by Foxy
xx
my chucks are going downhill fast!

Started by Flump on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post April 01, 2010, 16:24
by Flump

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 36 queries.