I GIVE UP

• 26 Replies

redjane11

I GIVE UP
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 10:17 »
Having trouble getting limestone flour, anybody know where i can get it? have tried feed merchant and he never heard of it!!!!!!!!  is there another name for it
Thanks
Adopt a chicken

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
I GIVE UP
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 11:06 »
Horsey shops sell it for mares and foals

Mine is made by NAF and I'd be happy to post some to you tomorrow if you PM me your address.

redjane11

I GIVE UP
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 11:44 »
Thank you for your kind offer Aunt Sally,  I have just managed to track some down fairly near, this one is made by baileys? 3kilo £4.65,  hopefully its just as good

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
I GIVE UP
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 18:27 »
Sounds perfect  :D

redjane11

I GIVE UP
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 22:03 »
Well i got the limestone and sprinkled some onto the pellets,  how much should i give them? Not sure how much they eating as everybird in the neighbourhood seems to be eating from the pot, think i may have to move food into the cage,  would it be an idea to make some mash with the pellets and see if they eat that

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
I GIVE UP
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 22:08 »
I'm not sure how much I add to their pellets but I guess it must be about two heaped teaspoonfuls to about a kilo of feed.

Not a good idea to let wild bird get to the hens feed as it can spread diseases.  You could try making a mash with their pellets but don't make it too wet.

redjane11

I GIVE UP
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 22:12 »
think they have the hump with me as they can't get out into the field and are confined to there pen and cant range, so they went to bed early.

violet

• Experienced Member
I GIVE UP
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 22:18 »
Hmmm my girls' eggs seem ok at moment but I do worry that they seem to eat all day..digging and chewing their way through the garden, but do not seem to eat that much in the way of "official hen food/layers pellets".

They will eat any treats that come their way so I suppose I can add something to their grapes...cod liver oil for example???

redjane11

I GIVE UP
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 10:27 »
Well think they been very cheeky and not been eating the realfood and just eating what they found scratching about, they will have to eat the pellets now or starve and i am sure they won't do that. Made them up a mash this morning and added a little cooked rice, mixed together with the limestone flour , that went down fast so at least i know they eating something with it.  The dry food has been moved into the coop and they know its there. have also scattered oyster shell about and grit so its up to them now.  Have noticed that the old girl has a very messy bum so think she is going to have to be cleaned up

redjane11

I GIVE UP
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 22:08 »
May have found the problem. don't think they are eating enough chicken food, have put ellets out for them and they not eating them. if i mix a small amount of mixed corn in, they will eat the corn and leave the pellets.  have managed to get the limestone powder into them by mixing a pellet mash with some cooked rice and limestine flour which they love but can't go on doing this.  so i reckon theu arnt eating enough to get calcium,  HELP gonna end up with starved chickens. shall i just let them get on with it

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
I GIVE UP
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 22:16 »
They won't starve themselves.  They WILL eat the pellets if they have NO choice.  It may taketeo or three days but they will eat them.  

BE STRONG - NO TREATS  :!:

redjane11

I GIVE UP
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 22:19 »
They cross as well and going to bed early as we won't let them out into the field. confined to the large pen,

xx
How much to give

Started by jaws on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post April 20, 2009, 07:02
by jaws
xx
What food should I give now!?

Started by MrTwang on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 22, 2012, 15:41
by MrTwang
xx
worming and how to give

Started by nzdunn on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 29, 2009, 09:23
by poultrygeist
xx
what do you give your chucks

Started by dakota on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 31, 2007, 22:07
by Foxy

Page created in 0.43 seconds with 28 queries.