From This.......To This.........

• 153 Replies

Glen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 21:44 »
Thanks Zak, its been tough going but hopefully the hard works done now. We have found and moved 20 Strawberry plants from our 3rd bed to bed 2, and also got the Onion sets in, all 100 of them!

I think bed 3 will be left for a while, need to concentrate on getting the main crops in. Spuds are chitting so these will be next. Then hopefully the Runner Beans will be soon behind.

Glen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 20:11 »
Had a great session this morning, early spuds had chitted so went in the ground. Also put in some Garlic (yes i know its a little late) to see what results i get.

Had the Boss on site as well!

Glen

Glen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 21:11 »
Also wanted to share a random picture of my shed. Not really to sure what to do with this other than get some racking/shelves and a potting bench put in. It also needs some guttering fixing to catch the rain fall.

ck2day

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2008, 21:39 »
Fantastic job Glen !!  I wish I was as far on as you, mine resembles a big space of lumps of earth at the mo.  

Oh Well...I will get it done sometime soon.  Will probably be planting by the light of the moon at this rate, must spend more time on my veg patch and less time watching the chickens and chatting to my kids.

Glen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2008, 21:49 »
Thanks ck2day, this is our first attempt of growing anything so anything we get back will be a bonus. Our plot is a very social place, the other tennants have been great and offered loads of advice. But sometimes this can lead to jobs not getting done when they need to!

PAH48

• Experienced Member
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008, 21:56 »
hi  ...Glen... noticed the "Gaffers" chair,  :wink:  :wink:
I'm more than sure,   eeer! certain She will be more than able to instruct you, how and where to fix the guttering :wink:  :wink:
Bye..PAH :) 'IN
ps ... don't we just love 'em :?: its looking good, great job, keep listening to the" little 'un", sure you'll  get there then :?:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 21:59 »
wish my plot was that dry :( Done a great job there....yoour gaffer knows her onions ;P

Glen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2008, 22:09 »
Thanks guys, the Boss is a slave driver but loves getting stuck in.  :lol:  :lol:

I was getting worried that my soil is too dry?

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2008, 22:16 »
i was upto ankles in water today in fab sunshine and with severe gales and heavy rain on it's way I reckon it's only gonna get worse...at least you were able to get yours dug prepared and planted....plenty of manure and also mulching should help keep yours moist though if you have probs with it :)

Butterfly

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2008, 22:51 »
Wow That must have been very satisfying.

Glen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2008, 20:31 »
Quote from: "Butterfly"
Wow That must have been very satisfying.

Very satisfying indeed to finally get past the hard work stage and start the planting stage. Need to get some carrotts and cabbages in as well now. Will update soon!

Wombat

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 19:09 »
wish my plot was that dry

Same here.  Ground is still cold and wet with no sign of it drying at all, even before the past few days' wet weather.  I was going to start some leeks and sprouts off outside, but I might give it another week yet.

Glen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2008, 21:59 »
I guess i must be lucky with good drainage and having taken over a well maintained plot.

Carrots and letties going in tomorrow!

Glen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 15:18 »
Popped to the plot for the first time this week to find this work of art created by my Father-in-Law.

I have also got to decide what to do with the row of old Gooseberry plants i have. They are very old and well established as you can see, i'm not sure what standard of fruit they will bear?

We have put the Carrots and Lettuce's in and bed 2 is almost full. The remaining space will be for Runner Beans. Next job is to dig over Bed 3!

Wombat

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2008, 15:55 »
Guv'nor's about, look busy!

Page created in 0.474 seconds with 28 queries.