Sour Crop

• 23 Replies

noshed

Sour Crop
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 22:03 »
She looked to be a handsome creature
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Fat Hen

Sour Crop
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 22:19 »
I replaced Eddie (ok he was rehomed but still upsetting) with 3 ex batts affectionately known as the borstall girls, because compared to the dainty duo (Polly & Daisy) that's what the seem like.  Naughty, cheeky always up to no good, just glad to be free.  

It kinda softened the blow a bit. :)

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
Sour Crop
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 22:20 »
Auntie, no she seemed to pick up and her crop went down, I was having great success getting the muck out of her. She was having her yoghurt and drinking and eating ok,  then today she was following me round while I was gardening and fine.  About 5pm she looked a bit tired and unsure on her feet so I gave her a cuddle and thats when she seemed to give up and she died

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Sour Crop
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 22:52 »
sorry to hear about Higgledy.  she looked like a fine chook  :(

One of mine has a hard crop but it's not swolen like higgledy's was; it just looks a little bit bigger than it does in the mornings and is hard, as if thre's something in it...  mine is really greedy though - could it just be that she's gorged herself on pellets?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Sour Crop
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 23:33 »
Quote from: "slowef"
Auntie, no she seemed to pick up and her crop went down, I was having great success getting the muck out of her. She was having her yoghurt and drinking and eating ok,  then today she was following me round while I was gardening and fine.  About 5pm she looked a bit tired and unsure on her feet so I gave her a cuddle and thats when she seemed to give up and she died

Oh that is so sad  :cry:

Foxy

Sour Crop
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 15:07 »
Sandra,

Just caught up with this thread. I am so sorry for your little hen. You really seem to be having a run of bad luck. :(

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
Sour Crop
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 16:23 »
Suzi sour crop is very soft and squashy at the breast.  If you hold her near to you the smell is also a give away "sour" as the name suggests.  It sounds like your is normal unless she is showing any signs of not being well.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Sour Crop
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 19:56 »
Quote from: "slowef"
Suzi sour crop is very soft and squashy at the breast.  If you hold her near to you the smell is also a give away "sour" as the name suggests.  It sounds like your is normal unless she is showing any signs of not being well.

nope, no signs of being unwell, just a big, densely packed crop.  thanks for putting my mind at rest... I loaned out my Katie thear book to someone and haven't got it back so have just bought 3 books from the allotment shop!  Hope OH doesn't notice  :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Sour Crop
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 20:12 »
Quote from: "SnooziSuzi"
sorry to hear about Higgledy.  she looked like a fine chook  :(

One of mine has a hard crop but it's not swolen like higgledy's was; it just looks a little bit bigger than it does in the mornings and is hard, as if thre's something in it...  mine is really greedy though - could it just be that she's gorged herself on pellets?

As long as she is nice and slim in the mornings then she is fine. My hens pig out all day and become quite bosomy  :shock:  :lol:

xx
Impacted Crop in 4 week old chick (Modified - It's Sour Crop)

Started by kegs on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post August 26, 2012, 14:48
by New shoot
xx
Sour crop/Slow crop?

Started by pink-chicken on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 15, 2009, 11:02
by pink-chicken
xx
Sour Crop

Started by Quillan on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 10, 2010, 20:34
by lucylou
xx
Sour Crop?

Started by Brood of Bournemouth on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post December 19, 2012, 10:13
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 28 queries.