Cucumber confused

• 19 Replies

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
Re: Cucumber confused
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 14:33 »
:lol:

Well red, blue or whatever colour, I've hardly sown, planted or plonked a thing so far.  The sweet peppers are up and going to be potted on soon.  The tomato and cuke seeds are still firmly in their packets and the spuds, they are a chitting, but they won't be seeing the soil for a while yet.

I was digging the plot last weekend and the soil is cold and wet.  No rush this year  ;)

Thanks for posting that. I've been reading everyone's diaries and some threads and have been fighting a rising panic that I haven't started anything.

I haven't put anything outside yet, it's all on the windowsills, 'resting'. Too cold to put them out there.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 15:07 »
You have to be careful with the blogs - quite a few members are heating their greenhouses, so that they are at least  frost-free  ;)

Mine is cold and apart from some hardy stuff like cabbages, lettuce and leeks it is empty.- ooh, and I forgot, a few peas

Indoors on the windowledge, I have a few peppers, chillis and 2 tomato seedlings which I hope to nurse through til they are big enough to go in the greenhouse during the day  :)

Another couple of weeks until the rest of my greenhouse toms get sown.

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 16:34 »
I do them when it's warm as cue seeds rot if it's too cold.
Akito- I grew this last year and it was epic, we had loads and loads from one plant.  I grew it into to germinate, cold greenhouse to grow on and then out on the plot May/June into manure pile/rich soil.  It was a really sheltered semi shaded place and it went mad.  Only problem is the skin was a bit tough so they need peeling.
DSC_0282.jpg
DSC_0265.jpg

anchorman

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 17:43 »
I'm tempted but holding on for a while with Cuces and other cucur type stuff. I have found that starting them off in a warm propergator or warm room will give rapid germination (within a few days) then if the weather turns sunny, they grow like wildfire. Then the problem is they are quickly big enough to plant out but too early. So another couple of weeks, even a month should give the timing about right. They rapidly catch up out of danger of frost.

oldgrunge

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 20:17 »
I too am tempted. But I haven't succumbed for the reasons you give. It will be nearer a month before I sow cucumbers.
We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden.

clip
confused cucumber

Started by strangerachael on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 26, 2013, 08:47
by vanessa.xx
xx
Confused

Started by sparky on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post January 18, 2008, 18:02
by fletch
xx
Very confused about Tom

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 01, 2007, 23:11
by Aunt Sally
xx
Bit confused

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 17:43
by aelf

Page created in 0.498 seconds with 30 queries.