What I did on the plot today 2015

• 923 Replies

Robster

Re: What I did on the plot today 2015
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2015, 15:39 »
Sowed parsnips.  Cleaned up the overwintered chard, and fed with growmore and watered in.  I'd like one more cut of the various patches I have and then I'll have it up to make way for the new season plants.  In the propagator I sowed gardeners delight and Giant marinade tomatoes for the green house.  Checked the Lady Christl in bags in the green house and they are just appearing.  Put a net over the apricot tree which is just starting to flower.  The blue tits so enjoy eating the buds.  The Alderman peas have all germinated.  A couple of weeks and they'll be out.

Elm street

• Experienced Member
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2015, 15:52 »
Spent the morning putting the glass into the greenhouse frame I erected three weeks ago, whilst the wife dug up the remaining leeks and parsnips.
I shall rotavate the four beds this week as I'm on nights Monday & Tuesday so shall have time in the afternoons!

grendel

« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2015, 17:07 »
didnt get to the plot, but managed to plant about 25 strawberry plants we were given the other day into the garden, despite the rain.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

teamspotty

• Experienced Member
  • Everything spotty....
« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2015, 17:31 »

Planted 5 blackcurrants and 5 redcurrants. Thought I had only ordered 3 redcurrants so thats knackered by plan of putting in 3 red and 2 whites. (Still to go in are 5 raspberrys, 3 pink gooseberry, 1 whitecurrant and a blueberry which will stay in a pot).

Noticed that Aldi are doing a garden special day so needed to plan out my soft fruit patch (now that I've stapled down the membrane) to know what to buy. Have done that, so going to buy 5 tayberry, 5 loganberry, 2 green goosegogs and 1 whitecurrant. Ordered 3 jostaberries. Will re site some blackberry.

Thats my fruit patch sorted just got to buy & plant....
Everything spotty....

Offwego

• Experienced Member
« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2015, 17:45 »
Plot 1
put the bark on the paths - now looking great
sowed asparagus
sowed swiss chard
plot 1 mesh tunnel
sowed lettuce 2 varieties
sowed 1 row of carrots
sowed parsnips

plot 2
sowed a row of carrots
sowed a row of parsnip
sowed a row of stuttgard onion sets
sowed half a row of heritage peas
sowed a row of beetroot

what a busy but enjoyable day

Eblana

« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2015, 17:57 »
Forked over a 8" x 12" bed.  Dug 4" x 16" of the long bed.  Watered the potatoes and carrot seeds in the PT.  Stopped to talk to one of my fellow plot holder and put the world to right.

teamspotty

• Experienced Member
  • Everything spotty....
« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2015, 19:03 »

Planted the rest of my fruit bushes...now waiting for Thursday for Aldi specials...

Got given about 200 onion sets...

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2015, 20:52 »
Planted 3 short rows of beetroot down the plot having raised them in my conservatory. Covered them with fleece and let the forecast rain water them. Had another go at a few bits of couch poking up in the asparagus bed. Amazing how much you pull up each time you locate an inch long piece of couch.
Rain stopped play after  a few minutes.

Cheers HH
Keep digging

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2015, 23:13 »
I finally got there today!!! :D  :D :D

Dug over a large part of the bottom bed and one of the square beds into which I sowed broad beans :D

Yana

« Reply #249 on: March 17, 2015, 06:54 »
Had agreed/volunteered to redo site map as splitting plots and recent vacancies/changes in plot holders meant it was a bit messy. Armed with a map, a pen and a fellow plot holder, spent about three hours walking round and it was a real eye opener. Saw plots that I didn't know existed (got some great ideas), plots that were looking sad (vacant) but overall realised that apart from one killjoy on the site, and after the weekend skip clear up, I was indeed very fortunate to have my own little piece of England to grow my fruit and veg.  :D :D
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

teamspotty

• Experienced Member
  • Everything spotty....
« Reply #250 on: March 17, 2015, 19:33 »

Digging!

Offwego

• Experienced Member
« Reply #251 on: March 17, 2015, 19:38 »
replanted the half row of onion sets the birds had lifted and covered the row with fleece

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #252 on: March 17, 2015, 19:56 »
Planted a pear tree.
Anne

mjg000

• Winner, Prettiest Pumpkin - 2015
« Reply #253 on: March 17, 2015, 20:47 »
Went down late morning to see if there was room in the council bin for a few of my bags - but no!  and they only clear on a Monday afternoon...  anyway it was clearing up nicely and drying out, and the neighbours had their windows closed, so I lit the huge bonfire that has been sitting on site since November 5th ( it rained that night )  I had 4 walls and the very heavy base of my old shed, lots of rosemary branches and other similar rubbish.  It went up a treat, quite scary really but it soon burnt through and I just kept adding the dry branches and bits of wood that were around.  I was still there at 5.20 in the gathering gloom, by that time I was spreading out and re-gathering the dying embers hoping it would die out..... eventually re-gathered, covered with lots of soil to cut the air supply and then poured about 8 watering cans of water all over the pile, oh and I phoned my daughter-in-law who lives just the other side of the fence to ask her ( or my son ) to check on it during the evening.. haven't heard anything so assume it did all stay dead!   And I got 3 beds and the raspberries de-weeded/ dug-over while I was watching it burn.  All this on the extra plot next to mine which has been a bit neglected whilst I have been doing paths etc. on the main plot.  Home, shower, wash hair and spag. bol ready to eat. Happy St. Patricks Day :D :D

JimB

• Experienced Member
« Reply #254 on: March 17, 2015, 21:07 »
'

Planted two rows of Dunluce potatoes in large home made frame, one row fertilized with FBB, other with Special potato fertilizer, to compare to see which gives the best crop or if the are about the same!

Ground had a good covering of stable manure and garden compost over winter and covered with fleece to try to warm up earliest possible!

Here's hoping!
STOP, and smell the roses!

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2020

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

247 Replies
Last post December 31, 2020, 15:57
by Aidy
xx
What I did on the plot today 2023

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

158 Replies
Last post December 30, 2023, 00:26
by Subversive_plot

Page created in 0.346 seconds with 30 queries.