What I did on the plot today 2015

• 923 Replies

Aled

Re: What I did on the plot today 2015
« Reply #270 on: March 20, 2015, 15:20 »
I am hoping it stays dry until Sunday, soild and manure...hopefully!
Cheers
Aled

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #271 on: March 20, 2015, 16:05 »
Finished digging...

...for now!! :D

Until the winter brassicas are done with ;) :)

AnneB

« Reply #272 on: March 20, 2015, 18:23 »
Took out the sprout plants that have now finished.  Weeded the garlic and the field beans, added some chicken manure pellets.  Topped up soil in one of the beds and planted  out my shallots and my pink Roscoff onions.   

teamspotty

• Experienced Member
  • Everything spotty....
« Reply #273 on: March 20, 2015, 19:02 »

Solar eclipse meant that the horses didn't get mucked out till later so only had time to buy a new trowel and plant my three jostaberries before having to bring the horses back in.
Everything spotty....

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #274 on: March 20, 2015, 19:08 »
Sowed more beetroot under fleece along with some little gem lettuce, rocket plus radish. Spread contents of incinerator on potato bed and recovered with black plastic to warm up ready to add spuds.

Cheers HH
Keep digging

Beekissed

« Reply #275 on: March 21, 2015, 00:23 »
Put FREE....love that word....composted horse manure on the garden space and around the apple trees at the drip line this week.

The chickens helped....

Got two truckloads of the stuff, one small load and another in a larger truck, so now have a big pile of poo above the garden space, covered with a tarp, to be used later for flower beds, side dressing of veggies, more around the fruit trees, etc. 

Flowertot

« Reply #276 on: March 21, 2015, 15:44 »
Sowed lots of seeds in modules in the mini greenhouse - calabrese, beetroot, chard, chives and hardy annual flowers  :)

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #277 on: March 21, 2015, 16:37 »
Dug over a bed, pulling out soooooooooo much Couch and Mares Tail and put up my cane wigwams for the sweet peas.

teamspotty

• Experienced Member
  • Everything spotty....
« Reply #278 on: March 21, 2015, 18:52 »

Took woofer to the lotty to see what he'd make of the sticks standing out of the ground. Fortunately he left them alone.

Planted 3xTayberry bushes. Only 2xtayberry, 5xloganberry and 24xstrawberry to go...

Had a fellow plot holder asking questions about the membrane as it was obvious that the membrane was staying down.

Bob after

« Reply #279 on: March 22, 2015, 16:24 »
After securing an allotment closer to home have been digging today, a lot of work required until I will be able to grow, but luckily have my other allotment until September so wI'll still be able to reap the rewards!! Picked purple sprouting broccoli and some Kale.

Has been a stunning day in the sunshine on the Isle of Wight!

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #280 on: March 22, 2015, 17:15 »
Bought some Calabrese seedlings from local garden centre. Took Mrs Hog down to the plot to show her all the good work done so far this year. Surprised to see only two other plot holders in evidence assume weather was deemed too nice!!

Cheers HH

Natasha

« Reply #281 on: March 22, 2015, 18:20 »
Put the last of the garlics in and another 33 broad bean plantlings next to the 36 I put in two weeks ago.  The ground is a lot drier and warmer to work this week - lovely.  Something has visited the plot and ripped up some of the original 36 broad beans and just left them lying on the ground.  Could this be birds? Not people, I think - it would have taken people less than five minutes to rip out our canes and trample all the plants, but this was a haphazard ripping up and throwing down of some and ignoring the rest.  Anyway, one fatality, which I replaced, two look dodgy, the rest should be fine now I have put them back in. Fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 18:22 by Natasha »

teamspotty

• Experienced Member
  • Everything spotty....
« Reply #282 on: March 22, 2015, 18:23 »

Dug out a load of horse manure and barrowed it to the lotty whilst OH planted some seeds.

Woofer decided that the sticks in the ground were too inviting and decided to pull one of the raspberrys - fortunately not too bad and was quickly restored.

Bought some nice pots and herbs for the garden, OH has done the planting. Need more compost to finish....

Pimento

• Experienced Member
« Reply #283 on: March 22, 2015, 18:39 »
Gorgeous, cheering, warm and sunny spring day. Put down weed control fabric on all the paths on the new plot. Expensive job, but will reap rewards tenfold in terms of time and backache. Sang along loudly all day to the radio. Luckily there weren't many people around. :)
I don't really look like my avatar.

Offwego

• Experienced Member
« Reply #284 on: March 22, 2015, 20:11 »
Plot 1
planted some basil and chives. dug in three bags of compost to try and improve the soil. Mulched the fruit tunnel with a bale of straw

[/Plot 2b]

put up the row of runner bean sticks ready  for next month
planted a row of red onion seedlings
one side of my plot  (the other side of the fruit trees) is a strip of overgrowth about 4 ft wide, so I cleared this and turned over the soil , took out about 5 bucket fulls of glass which had likely come over the wall from the neighbouring gardens over many years.
Ive also laid a base for my shed which is due in two - three weeks- as the base is a treated timber homemade one I have driven stakes in each corner approx. 700mm into the ground and then screwed the pegs to the base with 100mm screws, so I would hope this is more than secure against wind .

When I cleared this I found a large slowworm  which I moved to lower down the site and a frog which a left alone on my plot and hope he will eat all the slugs

A very busy weekend again !!

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2013

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2699 Replies
Last post December 31, 2013, 19:40
by snowdrops
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2014

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

1611 Replies
Last post December 30, 2014, 21:59
by Aidy

Page created in 0.415 seconds with 37 queries.