Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

snowdrops

Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #1515 on: November 17, 2014, 07:40 »
Morning all. Not at work today yippee, but working Thursday instead. The ironing pile will get my full attention today with a break to take lunch to hubby who is at DDs new house doing it up,soup & bread me thinks.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

dugless

« Reply #1516 on: November 17, 2014, 07:45 »
Good morning, last day in Belgium and being able to post for a while.
See you in the new year have a good one
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

Mogman

« Reply #1517 on: November 17, 2014, 08:15 »
I've always been an early riser...started in my school year, up at 04.30-ish, snatch a bowl of cornflakes and sugar in a tupperware thingy, 2 mile hike over the fields to start morning milking at about 05.30. Get the first lot washed off and get the milking machines attached and then over to the dairy for a couple of ladles of cream for me cornies!

Plus I've an angler from the age of 7 and often greeted the dawn from the banks of the local reservoir. Still enjoy getting up before my better half and getting a gentle start to the day with a cup of Yorkshire Tea and BBC World Service. Nice!

Springlands

« Reply #1518 on: November 17, 2014, 08:30 »
Morning everyone - it is so dull and dreary here today that I slept in - even the ducks were late calling.  :D

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1519 on: November 17, 2014, 11:36 »
Well I have been up since 5 but have been hijacked.
Not even had a cuppa.  Call from son who needs dad to help move furniture 'cos he can't because of his operation. He has the plumber in to fix his boiler so needs stuff moved.

I had a quick gather of their washing to go. No washing machine because of the boiler.

Finished washing up and clearing away of the plates and dishes from yesterday, Cracked 3 plates.
Realised I hadn't picked up my repeat prescription and was out of the pills I have to take on an empty tum, so breakfast was put back.

Tried to find the name of the manager of the hospital and hospital trust on line so I can start my letters of outrage and upset, in the hope that no one else would have to go through what my son did. No joy there.

Took out the three plates that I managed to crack while unloading the dishwasher, to the bin.

Went to look at my newly planted tubs only to find that something had been digging the pansies up. Did a quick replant, cursing the  squirrel/fox and came back in.  :mad: :mad: :mad:Took shoes off as they were wet from the front garden.

Tried phoning the patient advice and liaison number for the information that I wanted, got a recorded message that they were experiencing high volumes of calls leave a message and they will get back to me in 2 days. :ohmy: :mad: >:(

Mr Bee arrives back from son and chemist, calls from the front door, ' Can you come to the door dear'. Oh gawd what now. :(

Apparently unbeknown to me it was a fox that had dug up the pots because I managed to step in a dollop of fox dodo and  had walked it on the mat and along the corridor. Thank heavens I kicked them off before I went too far.  SO then I cleaned and disinfected shoes, took stinking mats out to the back garden, washed the step and path, and the hallway and kitchen floor.

Actually I couldn't have missed stepping in the fox dodo as there were 4 large piles round the pot, one in front of the bedroom window, three more lots in the back garden, 4 more holes one with my leather BBQ gauntlet that had gone missing half buried.

So what next I ask myself. Hope your day is going better than mine. :(

snowdrops

« Reply #1520 on: November 17, 2014, 11:46 »
Oh dear Mrs Bee I should go & have a lie down in a darkened room til morning :). Are you sure DS & DIL are not pulling a fast one re washing machine?. Most new washing machines are cold fill these days, the machine heats water to required temp.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1521 on: November 17, 2014, 11:59 »
Oh dear Mrs Bee I should go & have a lie down in a darkened room til morning :). Are you sure DS & DIL are not pulling a fast one re washing machine?. Most new washing machines are cold fill these days, the machine heats water to required temp.

No they aren't pulling a fast one. :lol: :lol: The washing machine had to be pulled out and disconnected. And they have just found out that the boiler is beggared. But we all thought that.

I did consider going back to bed and ignore today but I will risk staying up and having more things go chits up.

Finally had some marmite toast and hot chocolate so onwards and upwards. :D

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #1522 on: November 17, 2014, 16:05 »
Mrs Bee - your hospital should have a PALS service - Patient Advice and Liaison - they canhelp you to complain and forward things to the right people as needed ;) :)

Here's the piccies I promised...
John, Crystal and Evony Rose.jpg
The lovely registrant.jpg
The lovely registrant.jpg
Lighting the family candles.jpg

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #1523 on: November 17, 2014, 16:07 »
And a couple more...
Their older little girl (she's 4) is my goddaughter - I'm her guiding parent, which is the non-religious godmother (although I prefer fairy goddess-mother myself! :D
I love these people.jpg
Cai and my goddess-daughter Bluebell lighting the children's candles.jpg
Beautiful symbolism.jpg

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1524 on: November 17, 2014, 17:18 »
What lovely pictures. And Goddess mother is perfect. ;)

Thanks or the info on the PALS. I phoned them this morning. Answerphone but they got back to me this afternoon and it helped me get things straight in my mind and to get the names and addresses of people I need to write to as well as my local MP.

I am just taking a break from the letter writing. It is going to be a long one. I have so many other things I would rather be doing but we all think it is important to highlight what went horribly wrong to ensure that it doesn't happen to any one else.

cadalot

« Reply #1525 on: November 17, 2014, 17:31 »
I used PALS when the hospital didn't look after my wife properly and I was being treated like a Mushroom, two consultants telling me completely different things and one was supposed to have referred the wife to the Brompton but hadn't.

They helped me from going ballistic and killing someone, plus managed to get the consultant to stop sitting on his hands with his thumb up his bum, and do what she should have five week earlier.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1526 on: November 17, 2014, 21:42 »
I know exactly how you must have felt Cadalot. I would never condone aggression and violence  against anyone especially the medical staff but I can see how people could be driven to it.

I am still at a loss to understand how I kept from going into meltdown and shaking the life out of some of the people I came into contact with.

one doctor says appendix; op; lets go then it is hand over time to the day team who says not 100% sure, we need a scan. 5 HOURS FOR THE SCAN. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Poor lad was in agony, scared and panic stricken for 24 hours,  before he was operated on. And I won't tell you about the complications that set in afterwards for fear of making you feel ill. but he really was put through the mill poor little devil.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1527 on: November 17, 2014, 21:47 »
And part way through the 24 hours after my DIL came from home with stuff  son would need, she had had time to do a pregnancy test.

So there is my son in pain and discomfort at 10 pm, desperate for them to do the op and we are told he is going to be a dad and I am going to be a gran. I am too young to be a gran. :ohmy:

Still it took his mind off the pain for a bit.

I have finished my draft letter and so far it is 11 pages long.

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #1528 on: November 17, 2014, 22:00 »
And part way through the 24 hours after my DIL came from home with stuff  son would need, she had had time to do a pregnancy test.

So there is my son in pain and discomfort at 10 pm, desperate for them to do the op and we are told he is going to be a dad and I am going to be a gran. I am too young to be a gran. :ohmy:

Still it took his mind off the pain for a bit.

I have finished my draft letter and so far it is 11 pages long.
Wow!! What a time to break that sort of news!!
It is important to get that sort of letter right so take your time xx

snowdrops

« Reply #1529 on: November 17, 2014, 22:16 »
Congratulations on the good news :D.

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 45 queries.