News from the refuge

• 312 Replies

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: News from the refuge
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2014, 19:37 »
Good news  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Oliveview

« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2014, 10:10 »
Just 8 more sleeps and Tano is off to his new home- thank god!!  His work to date:  ripped the tablecloth off the patio table (a plastic one, pinned on tight) chewed 2 holes in a patchwork chair cover I made, chewed the cuff off my good cardigan, trimmed a couple of rose plants to the ground- pulled up most of the blackberries, totally chewed the bird of paradise plant- pulled leaves off the young palm tree (they are sharp too!) pulled up lilies, pulled a branch off a young lemon tree, pulled off Timon´s scalibor collar and chewed it to pieces and today managed to get Chalrie the Lab´s scalibor collar off and his proper collar- both were still done up, I amsurprised Charlie still had his ears left on his head as yesterday I thought the collar was going to have to be renewed as it was looking a tad small for him! Oh I forgot, he has ripped the shading stuff we have on the fence too!  I keep telling myself he is just a puppy!!!

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2014, 13:46 »
3 more sleeps! Today Tano ate my lovely lily flower!  Apart from eating flowers, he is good!  Refuge good news, a small dog I found in the middle of the main road, a year ago, is being adopted to Scotland, he is off with another dog, she is off to near Hull. A Dalmatian dog, who was,abandoned about 6 months ago, is on trial, so fingers crossed for him. Two pups that were thrown over the fence are being adopted too!!  Just another 40plus to find homes for!

Pamela

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2014, 22:31 »
 :ohmy:
I hope lillies aren't as deadly poisonous to dogs as they are to cats!! :unsure:

Oliveview

« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2014, 23:21 »
I only found out today that they are poisonous!  He has eaten the other ones, since he arrived here!  We dug up the oleander shrubs incase he decided to eat them, one transplanted well the other has died.

Pamela

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2014, 23:25 »
I know that for cats, even a hint of the pollen or the stem sap leads to multi-organ failure in cats!

Tano might just have a cast iron stomach :D

Oliveview

« Reply #186 on: May 25, 2014, 07:59 »
Well the day has arrived, Tano's last full day with us. He starts his journey to Harrogate tomorrow. Well to get collected, taken to the dog hotel, then vet checked on Tuesday and sets off on Wednesday. Poor boy will wonder what is happening I bet. He has grown so much, I am sure he has Irish wolfhound in him somewhere!!

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2014, 15:57 »
We took Tano to meet his transport yesterday, he spends today in a kennels where a government approved vet checks the dogs health, microchip and passport and gives them the flea/tick treatment and a worm tablet (which is just the right time for Tano as he was due another the beg. June) I wonder what the poor boy is thinking now?  He went off quite happy- he likes being in cars.  He starts his journey proper to the UK tomorrow morning.

Pamela

snowdrops

« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2014, 22:10 »
Oh you must be wondering what will come through your door next, you have done him proud. Hope he gets the forever home he deserves. :)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Oliveview

« Reply #189 on: May 28, 2014, 10:24 »
Talk about bad timing, the mother of the lady who is fostering Tano at first passed away this morning- Tano will be just what she does not need! He is well on his way too. 

Pamela

snowdrops

« Reply #190 on: May 28, 2014, 12:32 »
Oh dear, he of course might just be what she needs to take her mind off things when the formalities are dealt with.

Oliveview

« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2014, 09:06 »
Tano arrives at his fosterhome around 1pm today- I hope they like him.  We might be fostering a little puppy- but just for a week I have said, we have visitors coming and the pup will sleep in the bathroom, it is the only room with a door, other than bedrooms!
The puppy was found on a street, a family siad they would take him, they took him back- because he pees and poos in the house- well that is what tiny puppies do!  Perhaps they should adopt a toy dog instead!

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2014, 11:10 »
Tano has been off lead for the first time, in the forest, he is having a great time I have been told  :D

We are now fostering a puppy, the family who had him did not want him, he did poo's and pee's :ohmy:

Pamela

Snoop

« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2014, 10:58 »
Good to hear about Tano. What dog wouldn't enjoy a forest? Congrats on another success.

Oliveview

« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2014, 18:15 »
This puppy- a small type- looks like a bit of Chihuahua in him, can pee and pee and pee :lol: :lol:  I think it is related to a camel the amount of water he carries!!

Pamela

xx
PACO IS ADOPTED ... YES I AM SHOUTING THE GOOD NEWS!- now bad news

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

45 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 15:38
by Oliveview
xx
Good News Bad News

Started by cissie on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 15:14
by cissie
xx
When days get bad at the refuge, they get bad

42 Replies
Last post August 17, 2013, 21:56
by shoozie
xx
2 refuge dogs off to new homes today

3 Replies
Last post November 10, 2012, 15:00
by joyfull

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 37 queries.