News from the refuge

• 312 Replies

Oliveview

Re: News from the refuge
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2014, 13:30 »
Nieve arrived at her foster home in the early hours of this morning- she has settled straight in and Karen said she is very well behaved, excellent with the other dogs and very good with the cat.  The official government vet checked her this morning and said she is in very good condition.  They think she will be re-homed to a forever home  quickly as she is a very friendly loving dog (she smiles at you too) 
I am so happy for her, she deserves the best life possible-she has already claimed the sofa as her bed!!

Pamela

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2014, 13:32 »
That is a lovely story Pamela :)

Oliveview

« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2014, 14:02 »
I think there is someone interested in Nieve already- her behind has hardly got the seat warm!!! :D :D :D :D

Pamela

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2014, 14:07 »
thats great news  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

snowdrops

« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2014, 21:27 »
I do hope she finds her forever home. :)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Oliveview

« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2014, 14:22 »
The new home fell through- the son decided he wanted to adopt a black dog- which is good news as black greyhounds are hard to home.  There is another family wanting Nieve, as long as they can get her doggy health insurance- they are looking into it. If they change their minds there are folk queuing up for her, or the foster Mum  might keep Nieve, she is in love with her.

2 German Shepherd cross pups are at the refuge now, they had been abandoned, just what we do not need! Today another GS (pure by the looks of it) was found, a pregnant Bodeguero and a couple of days ago a Spanish Waterdog type puppy just about 2 months old, was living below a car, infact he (or she) had climbed into the wheelarch to hide.  The poor pup was full of cuts and bruises, it looks like a dog had attacked it. At the moment it is in the vet getting treatment.  Never ending

Pamela

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2014, 15:27 »
Just more good work for you to do Pamela  :)

Oliveview

« Reply #172 on: May 01, 2014, 21:55 »
Nieve went off to her forever home tonight- to live with a retired greyhound and 2 cats- hopefully we will get the odd update on her.  Karen, her foster Mum said Noeve was a fabulous dog to look after, she was house trained and crept up onto her bed at night! 

Pamela

ps
another dog chucked over the fence today at the refuge :mad:

Oliveview

« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2014, 10:50 »
We are fostering another dog here, Nani, she is a fabulous little dog,about 4.5-5kg  very scruffy, a Yorky in there somewhere I think going by her colouring.  She was sterilised yesterday, hence being here.  She is such a good dog, at the refuge she is well behaved too.  She is about 21 months old now- she was around 11 months when thrown over the refuge fence with her pups. The pups starred in the refuge calender, remember them? 
She has a plastic things on her head, she is not keen!!  She slept all night and woke us at 7.45 to go out.  Good girl  :D :D

Pamela

PS She gets on well with our dogs, she has ignored the cats and the hens too

Oliveview

« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2014, 21:55 »
The refuge had a table at a once a month market, it was very quiet, mother's day here in Spain. We took enough for 4 sacks of food and the plant I raffled will pay for 2 injections, plus a donation for another 2 so not so bad.  An annoying man got me mad, he is always a nuisance, in the end I told him he was being stupid.
We had a refuge pup with us, plus Nani, the dog staying with us, when we took pup back to the refuge 2 more dogs had been thrown over the fence! :(
What do people think we have??? Elastic walls???

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2014, 11:33 »
Nani is being good, we can´t go and leave her though, she gets very destressed.  SHe has not bothered with her operation wound- we took  the plastic  thingy off- I have a beautiful black bruise where she bashed my leg with it!  :lol: :lol:  There just might be a family interested in her in Aberdeen, so fingers crossed!

Pamela

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2014, 07:14 »
I guess the people who throw their unwanted dogs over your walls feel they are doing the right thing rather than just dumping the dogs anywhere. Sadly they ought to make a donation at the same time.
Rosies mum was left tied to the rescues gates one night when she was days away from giving birth to Rosie and her sisters  :(.

evie2

« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2014, 14:38 »
people can be evil :(
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

Oliveview

« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2014, 12:40 »
Nani is off to Scotland- a lady will foster her there until she finds a home for her  :D  I gave Nani a haircut today, she was so well behaved.  I discovered we had spare cheapo hair clippers I had forgotten about, so thought what had I to lose (or Nani to lose, other than hair) If I say so myself, it is not a bad attempt and Nani looks much tidier.  I will photobucket the photos later of her and add them here

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #179 on: May 12, 2014, 09:28 »
Got the wrong lady-Nani is not off to Scotland!!  It is Worcester way I think!  Someone else has asked about her too, so fingers crossed, as the Worcester home is a foster home.

Pamela

xx
PACO IS ADOPTED ... YES I AM SHOUTING THE GOOD NEWS!- now bad news

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

45 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 15:38
by Oliveview
xx
Good News Bad News

Started by cissie on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 15:14
by cissie
xx
When days get bad at the refuge, they get bad

42 Replies
Last post August 17, 2013, 21:56
by shoozie
xx
2 refuge dogs off to new homes today

3 Replies
Last post November 10, 2012, 15:00
by joyfull

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 37 queries.