Joan J raspberries dying off

• 3 Replies

JohnB47

Joan J raspberries dying off
« on: June 21, 2013, 17:59 »
I planted five Joan J plants (dry root) about three months ago and they all came up. They're about a foot high now with three or four stems each.

A week or so ago I noticed that one plants leaves were beginning to darken and dry of at the edges. Now I see that that plant is dying and has dark brown stems (usually light green). I see that another plant is going the same way - leaves drying off and a blackening of the stems starting at the bottom. I've always kept each plant watered and I used chicken pellets when I planted them.

Any ideas what the problem is and is there any cure?

Thankfully I have some Tulameen nearby that are romping away and are set to give me a bumper crop (this is their second summer).

Ta

fatcat1955

Re: Joan J raspberries dying off
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 18:47 »
Only thing i can think of is the chicken pellet's might have burned the root's. Bonemeal is much better as it is the root builder.

Jamboian

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 19:45 »
Hi! I have three All gold going the same way, they are in the same bed as my Joan j and Polka which are fine. The only image I can find which matches mine is of Root Rot a soil borne virus, as they are all from the same supplier I am wondering if the All gold arrived infected, here's a pic, hope someone can tell me different.

Cheers, Ian.
IMG_20130621_194258.jpg

JohnB47

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 20:04 »
Hi! I have three All gold going the same way, they are in the same bed as my Joan j and Polka which are fine. The only image I can find which matches mine is of Root Rot a soil borne virus, as they are all from the same supplier I am wondering if the All gold arrived infected, here's a pic, hope someone can tell me different.

Cheers, Ian.

Hi. Your picture shows a plant at the early stage of what I'm seeing. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow to illustrate. I'll look up Root Rot. Cheers.

xx
Raspberries are dying

Started by Jackypam on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post June 26, 2014, 09:12
by moose
xx
raspberries - shoots dying off

Started by hammers07 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 10, 2007, 19:56
by David.
xx
Autumn raspberries dying

Started by rawrecruit on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post July 09, 2013, 14:06
by Ivor Backache
xx
Raspberry - Joan

Started by makedoandmend on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post October 14, 2012, 09:33
by grendel

Page created in 0.647 seconds with 28 queries.