just brought from Aldi....

• 13 Replies

starry

just brought from Aldi....
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:38 »
1 tayberry bush, 1 red gooseberry, 1 fig and 1 blueberry (would have got 2 but only 1 left) now what do I do ?????    :ohmy:
some people are like slinkys......they're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face as you push them down the stairs!!

aelf

• idndtdodaftl
Re: just brought from Aldi....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 13:35 »
I bought a fig last year from Aldi (just a thin little twig with 1 leaf) for £1 and kept it in the greenhouse in its' pot over the winter. This year I repotted it into a bucket and kept it in the greenhouse, watered and fed occasionally with comphry feed and it is now nearly a meter high and half meter wide  :)
There's more comfrey here than you can shake a stick at!

http://www.wedigforvictory.co.uk/dig_icon.gif[/img]

AndyRVTR

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 15:22 »
Well done you... I managed to get 2 blueberry, 1 gojiberry, 1 red gooseberry and 1 grape vine  :) :)

Sharonx

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 20:47 »
Although our Aldi was funny stocked I just brought 3 Red Gooseberry & one Fig. The Fig I am going to put in a pot in the Garden The Gooseberrys are going down the allotement. Was going to buy some Tayberrys but wasn't too sure what they were like so gave them a miss

Curlytop

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 09:25 »
I also purchased a Tayberry bush from my local Aldi yesterday, I only have a very small plot so only went for the one. Good value though.

agingchick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 10:20 »
I brought a fig from wilkinsons last year and have just picked my first fig  :) so do I eat it just as it is or make some concoction  :D
Diane
I use to be indecisive now I'm not so sure

Paul Plots

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 11:23 »
1 tayberry bush, 1 red gooseberry, 1 fig and 1 blueberry (would have got 2 but only 1 left) now what do I do ?????    :ohmy:

Hope you have enough space to grow them all?

Look them all up in a good gardening book, use the search facilities on this forum and do some research.  ;)

And..... pat yourself on the back for a good buy!!  :)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

starry

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 19:45 »
I will have the space when I finally get the "other end" of my plot up and running hopefully will get done in september when I can organise a work party !! for now they (the plants will have to stay as they are in my grow house although I may pot them on but I coulnt resist them at £1.99 each!! :D

evie2

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 19:53 »
I brought a fig from wilkinsons last year and have just picked my first fig  :) so do I eat it just as it is or make some concoction  :D
Diane

I'd sit back and enjoy it, yummy :D
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

Paul Plots

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 21:27 »
I will have the space when I finally get the "other end" of my plot up and running hopefully will get done in september when I can organise a work party !! for now they (the plants will have to stay as they are in my grow house although I may pot them on but I coulnt resist them at £1.99 each!! :D

Certanly a good buy.  ;)

Do you intend to prepare planting spaces and put them out in the autumn?

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 22:15 »
Usually by the time i get there the plants I want have sold out, so arrived at 9:02 am  :ohmy:

Bought 5 blueberries,2 tayberries, a goji berry (for Mr Sunny -- wanted one for years  :lol: ) and a pomegranite, as well as a cuople of rather lovely clematis for DD for her birthday.

Now I just need to work out how I am going to provide acid conditions at the plot  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Paul Plots

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 22:55 »
Usually by the time i get there the plants I want have sold out, so arrived at 9:02 am  :ohmy:

Bought 5 blueberries,2 tayberries, a goji berry (for Mr Sunny -- wanted one for years  :lol: ) and a pomegranite, as well as a cuople of rather lovely clematis for DD for her birthday.

Now I just need to work out how I am going to provide acid conditions at the plot  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raised bed or container planting with ericaceous compost - easy!! (But expensive  :blink:)

wenders

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 13:10 »
we had a tayberry on my site when we took it over. take a lot of space but we have trained ours on wires at the edge of the plot. very tasty indeed and are called the posh persons raspberry :nowink:

starry

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 15:09 »
yes learner that is the idea!! just getting anxious about arranging my work party! husband will be supervising (well he will try) son and son in law will be doing the hard work when every body has a day off together !! 
sunshine band I am told you can put pine needles in with the blueberry at planting !!

xx
just brought....

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 20:49
by sunshineband
xx
Parsnips - brought here by Aunty

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post December 10, 2008, 19:46
by Christine
xx
Can anyone tell my why I brought Blood Fish and Bone?

Started by Sharonx on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post October 29, 2008, 18:42
by Dominic
xx
brought loads of half price seeds roll on next year!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 07, 2011, 19:48
by Old Tom

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 31 queries.