Dr D G Hessayon’s The Vegetable & Herb Expert

• 49 Replies

David.

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2007, 13:48 »
Quote from: "Sally A"
Some real keeners have a copy in the garden, at the lotty, and by their bed!  Honest.

Just checked, yes, 3 copies Vegetable Expert - one in bedroom, one in dining room, and one gnawed and mouldy copy home from the plot for the winter.

As the most I paid was £1 for brand new copy from a car boot, didn't realise my sister in law had bought me (The New Vegetable & Herb Expert) such an expensive Christmas present.

Also have Fruit, Flower, Tree & Shrub, Greenhouse, Bedding Plant, Container, House Plant and Lawn Experts, The Armchair book of the Garden, Vegetable Plotter, Be Your Own Vegetable Doctor (1978 - lots of chemicals) and The Bio-Friendly Garden Guide (1990 - not many chemicals). All from charity shops, boots or jumbles.

Have I nearly got the set? (I think I've seen Pond Expert or something like that).

mkhenry

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2007, 17:15 »
Quote from: "David."
Quote from: "Sally A"
Some real keeners have a copy in the garden, at the lotty, and by their bed!  Honest.

Just checked, yes, 3 copies Vegetable Expert - one in bedroom, one in dining room, and one gnawed and mouldy copy home from the plot for the winter.

As the most I paid was £1 for brand new copy from a car boot, didn't realise my sister in law had bought me (The New Vegetable & Herb Expert) such an expensive Christmas present.

Also have Fruit, Flower, Tree & Shrub, Greenhouse, Bedding Plant, Container, House Plant and Lawn Experts, The Armchair book of the Garden, Vegetable Plotter, Be Your Own Vegetable Doctor (1978 - lots of chemicals) and The Bio-Friendly Garden Guide (1990 - not many chemicals). All from charity shops, boots or jumbles.

Have I nearly got the set? (I think I've seen Pond Expert or something like that).

No you have a long way to go to get the full set,but I like the fact that you have gone for bargains. :wink:

I have one that wishes a couple a happy and long marrage.A wedding gift no doubt.They could not have lasted very long,or just gave up the garden. :wink:
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2007, 22:24 »
got that one and a big pile of his others cant resist when i see them at boot sales :oops: had to stop going to the things have run out of shelf space
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget,Show me and I might
remember,Involve me and I,ll understand

David.

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2007, 19:49 »
As the 'Veg & Herb Expert' (144 pages for £4 from Asda) does not compare favourably price wise with 'Vegetables, Herbs & Fruit' (640 larger pages for £8.99 from The Works) - I have both:
 LINK

It's The Works for me.

muntjac

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2007, 19:55 »
missing one here for the set ............... nearly had it as well lolo. :wink: want the garden veg and herb expert .. any offers must be well thumbed and any spelling errors corretted
still alive /............

xx
John's Book & Dr Hessyon's Veg & Herb Expert

Started by FCG on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 24, 2008, 17:19
by DIGGER
xx
The vegetable expert

Started by jgsmuzzy on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 17, 2006, 12:46
by lucywil
xx
Expert help

Started by billathome65 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post January 11, 2011, 10:09
by billathome65
xx
has anyone got these expert books

Started by new_2_veg on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post October 25, 2007, 22:11
by new_2_veg

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 32 queries.