woke up to 2 new hens . is this a case for the rspca

• 45 Replies

Caralou

Re: woke up to 2 new hens . is this a case for the rspca
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 16:42 »
At least they will be getting a safe loving home now, but what an odd thing to do  ???

Now, if anyone out there wants to leave a pair of cream legbar pullets in my coop I'll pretend not to notice  :tongue2:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 17:44 »
well I'll turn a blind eye to anyone dumping a couple of ducklings in my converted kennel - it's at the bottom of my garden which just happens to have  2 shell paddling pool halves  ready and waiting, just leave a note so that the oh doesn't think I had anything to do with it  :lol: Have already upset him this week by telling him we are getting 2 ferral cats of caralou to keep the rats at bay (he's allergic to cats  :lol:).
Staffies are softer than you think.

Elcie

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 18:09 »
I wish they had just knocked on your door and asked, luckily the hens were ok overnight with each other!

The thing I would be concerned about though is security Craig - they were able to get into your garden and put two hens into your hen house.  That means someone else could do the same but take them out.

matilda duck

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 18:31 »
Do you think someone would DUMP some ducks at my house??????   I'll tell you all where I live :lol: :lol:

Well done for taking the hens in!!!!  I too would be worried though about someone getting into my hens house :unsure:

craig1981

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 18:47 »
they didnt actually get into my hen house where my girls are kept at night that is locked overnight . they got into the run that attaches to the pop hole which is also padlocked overnight . the run is accessed through a gate which i dont bother padlocking . the actual house where they sleep is as safe as possible but we all know if someone was serious about getting in they would. hope that makes sense .

too many girls

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 19:00 »
if anyone wants more animals, just invite Caralou round for a cuppa, she never comes empty handed :D

joyfull

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 19:33 »
too true, so far have lined up 2 very noisy silkies and the 2 ferral cats of caralou  :D

janet12000

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 20:31 »
well caralou may just have to pay me a visit. feral cats are my speciality. x  :lol:

too many girls

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 21:21 »
too true, so far have lined up 2 very noisy silkies and the 2 ferral cats of caralou  :D
i got a taxi service for 2 cockerals, and later, 6 polands and 2 kittens :D
wouldn't be without them now, Cara got 2 ducklings for her trouble.......................

joyfull

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 21:33 »
For her trouble of bringing the animals to me she's getting peace and quite from the silkies  :lol: :lol:

Chookster

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 23:13 »
if it was me i might quaranteen them to make sure they're not sick with anything might infect my own birds but i'd be glad to have received them  :happy:

Jane-M

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 23:31 »
Blimey anyone can wander into my hen run or hen house for that matter, if they are able to slide a bolt or two! How else would my neighbour get her eggs when I am out  :D

So I now have high hopes of free birds arriving.

Years ago - when I lived in a very urban area - I got a local reputation for having lots of cats and one day two filthy snotty children arrived on my doorstep with a box of equally revolting looking kittens for me to take. At one stage we had 9 cats and 6 kittens, and only 2 of the cats were actually ours! word soon gets out.
3 o'clock is both too early and too late to start anything - Sartre said so.

dizzylizzie

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 07:48 »
your right about that..... i used to work in an animal sanctuary and now i get brought all sorts......i once looked after an albertross , hand fed it for 6 weeks (really gross :tongue2:). then it died....no symptoms, just dead. the woman who owned the sanctuary sent it for a post mortum, guess what it died of?  OLD AGE! i was not amused i can tell you
seriously though, i would be made up if someone left 2 more girlies to go with the 6 im having A WEEK TODAY. i would be worried they could get in to leave them tho. i suppose like you say if they want to get in they will....

SarahJC

• Experienced Member
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 12:55 »
Why can't caralou live near me  :( Damn and blast  >:(

On a serious note though, I'll second what everyone said about the worry of someone being able to get in. Good of them not to have dumped them though. If someones up to no good I bet they'd get into anything, if they fancied a few free Sunday lunches.
8 chickens, 5 cats, 2 guinea pigs and 1 other half.

snowflake

• Experienced Member
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 16:29 »
its sad for one reason or another people cannot keep their animals, but at least the person made the effort to find them a good home. Credit where credit is due. Now if someone wants to leave some choc Orps on my door step I would not say no hee hee.

xx
woke up to a terrible sight

Started by shegha on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post May 27, 2008, 14:19
by Nats
xx
Woke up to chicks this morning

Started by Sassy on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 20, 2009, 19:07
by Roughlee Handled
xx
They're laying again! or not as the case may be!!

Started by ghost61 on The Hen House

49 Replies
Last post February 20, 2015, 05:59
by tosca100
xx
Funny poo (or not as the case maybe)!

Started by Lynto on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 11, 2011, 13:18
by Helenaj

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 32 queries.