Disaster

• 119 Replies

grumpydad

Re: Disaster
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 21:15 »
OUCH......
thats a really big OUCH......
and i thought buying a few bits was bad....
it will all be worth it in the long run, you would not want them to starve.....would you ?

martyn

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 21:17 »
i went to get some more food from the feed merchant (armed with my cheque book) is it an ouch one Maurice? yep, really bad! i feel sorry for you with this one! do you want to pay it in instalments? "no, just hit me darling "ok" £274........
oh ok,........... i only wanted a few hens so i wouldn't have to pay for free range eggs (that probably weren't  free range anyway) so............how many eggs could i have bought for £274?
(please bear in mind it's horses, sheep and goats too) :lol: :lol: :lol: ...................................
??? and that is the reason why when charlotte pulls the doe eyes on me and begs for a pony the answer is NO!  :blink: she can go and get a job at a stables like i did when she's older and ride them all for free  :lol:

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 21:23 »
Gosh, i bet that hurt :(
  Every week when we go shopping the trolley is full of animal food,OH thinks i'm going to spoil him with grapes and when he looks thet're gone. Animals get sooo many treats and i struggle every night with 'err whats for tea' :unsure:
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

too many girls

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 22:23 »
the ponies have cost nothing...............if the kids want to ride they have to bribe their horses to come in (with food :lol:) it's them bl**dy chickens what cost the most, then after that, it's puppies and dogses and catses and gooses and duckses and goatses, so who said they wanted a small holding?..........................................................

Mini Ellis

• ''Th General''
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 22:31 »
i went to get some more food from the feed merchant (armed with my cheque book) is it an ouch one Maurice? yep, really bad! i feel sorry for you with this one! do you want to pay it in instalments? "no, just hit me darling "ok" £274........
oh ok,........... i only wanted a few hens so i wouldn't have to pay for free range eggs (that probably weren't  free range anyway) so............how many eggs could i have bought for £274?
(please bear in mind it's horses, sheep and goats too) :lol: :lol: :lol: ...................................
??? and that is the reason why when charlotte pulls the doe eyes on me and begs for a pony the answer is NO!  :blink: she can go and get a job at a stables like i did when she's older and ride them all for free  :lol:

Debbie

This is what i was told!
and now i work full time at a stud - still havent earnt enough to obuy my own horse, saving could still be a while yet! but the chickens are easier on the walled i find.
I tried riding the racehorses and i dont reccomend it you gotta be a tiny bit mad to do that i think!!
I will stick to the nice honest horses.
anyhoos (sorry went off on one thier!)

Hope you have boosted all your chickens up and glad you have found out what was wrong, but the list of boosty things you have given them will hopefully have done the trick!

Hannah xxxx

too many girls

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 22:38 »
when i was 17 i worked in a racing stable, you either have to have the knack or the strength to ride on the gallops, i had neither :D, with one horse (Nickey's Night) aka Horace, they told me if he took off on the gallops i was to sing Mull of Kintyre and he would slow down, so when he took hold and started to overtake the work jockeys, i did, MULL OF KINTYRE OH MIST ROLLING .........................i was waiting for them at the end of the gallops for a good 15 minutes :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 22:47 »
My last bill was £270 and that was just for the chickens.  Wait until you see the turkey feed bill!!  :D

raeburg

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2009, 22:50 »
My last bill was £270 and that was just for the chickens.  Wait until you see the turkey feed bill!!  :D

eek and I thought 25 quid was bad :D

detox

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 11:14 »
I feel so sorry for you as my chicken was nearly killed by my dog so know how you feel! Hope things settle soon and you find the cause fingers crossedx

Rubellite

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 19:01 »
How are things today TMG?  :mellow:

too many girls

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2009, 19:04 »
all of the garden gang are well except one little girl, she's really struggling :(, they are off coxoid and on baycox from the vet.

Rubellite

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2009, 19:10 »
Fingers crossed for you  :(

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2009, 19:16 »
all of the garden gang are well except one little girl, she's really struggling :(, they are off coxoid and on baycox from the vet.

I used a syringe with the coxoid mix in for one that seemed really poorly! within a couple of days they were right as rain!

Debbie

too many girls

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2009, 19:22 »
the girl with no name

hard to believe she was fine yesterday and today she's fighting for her life, i'm using a syringe too.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2009, 19:27 »
Oh TMG!  bless her little heart!  :( I have evrything crossed for you hunny! that is how my little gold laced looked! wouldnt eat or drink! but hoping your girl will be the same as mine as within 2 days of taking the coxoid via syringe she was acting as if she had never been ill!  ???

Sending more hugs

Debbie x

clip
Disaster Hatch!

Started by Caralou on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 28, 2021, 11:07
by New shoot
xx
disaster with eggs, but are they ok?

Started by silverteen on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 03, 2013, 08:18
by joyfull
xx
Back from holiday to a chicken disaster!

Started by mdueal on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post July 05, 2008, 23:30
by jack russell
xx
Incubator disaster - update - it's hatch day

Started by Mum2mj on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post April 12, 2016, 16:50
by wapello

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 28 queries.