Disaster

• 119 Replies

too many girls

Re: Disaster
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2009, 21:07 »
i put some chick crumb and probiotic yogurt in warm water, waited for it to go soft and syringed her some of liquid, would it be ok to put the baycox in too, i don't want her to starve to death but i don't want to keep disturbing her either.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2009, 21:11 »
I did the same! liquidized chick crumb! you can just mix it with the medicated water! as the others were still eating and drinking the med water, they would have the same stuff in their tummys anyway!

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poultrygeist

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2009, 21:12 »
What size syringe you using ?

poultrygeist

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2009, 21:14 »
If it's 3ml/litre
0.3ml/100ml

so put 100ml (0.1 litre) in a measuring jug. Add 0.3ml to it and draw up as much as she'll take I suppose.
If she spits it back at you, she's had enough  :)

Rob 8)

too many girls

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2009, 21:22 »
it's a diddy skinny one with the end cut off (chick crumb kept blocking it :)) it goes up to 0.9 ml, we used it on Raffles, if this little bird pulls through it'll be my lucky syringe :D

poultrygeist

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2009, 21:46 »
I've got a selection of them now. From a big cow one to a 0.5ml.

I would imagine you'd struggle to overhydrate her. If she drinks too much, she'll just do runny poos maybe. I'd do what Joy and Debbie said and just keep squirting it down her every hour or two. She'll get better just so she can stop the mad lady squirting water at her !  ::)

You're doing brilliantly Rom. Stick with it.  :)

Rob 8)

matilda duck

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2009, 21:57 »
Good luck TMG.
Hope she starts to get better soon, she looks really poorly in that picture bless her
sending hugs  x

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2009, 09:38 »
Too scared to ask, but has she made it through the night? Hope so.
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

too many girls

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2009, 10:57 »
poorly girl chick took a turn for the worse last night, she kept fluttering and flapping and turning herself upside down in the box, she was panting, i knew she wouldn't last long and rather than keep leaping out of bed to upright her i decided to stay up with her, 3 am saw us sat in bed watching Gost (in memory of Patrick) just as it was nearing the end of the film, she had a spasm, stopped gasping and went still, i was tearful anyway as that film always makes me cry, but i felt bad that i'd allowed her to suffer, a few times on this forum i've got stroppy with people for leaving their birds suffering when i believed they would be better off put out of their misery, and i'd just gone and done the very same thing, i wrapped her in my cardi and put her on the floor near the wardrobe and went to bed.
this morning i asked Sam if he would have time to bury her before he went to school, i didn't fancy the prospect of a dead bird in my bedroom all day and i knew i wouldn't do it, he couldn't find her "mum she's not here" i even looked down the sleeves of the cardi (stupid ::)) but she was gone, i saw a few feathers and thought oh no, one of the cats must have got her :(  i took the kids to school and then came on here to break the bad news.............while i was waiting for my ancient computer to decide whether it would let me on out she fluttered from under my bed :) she still can't walk or drink, but she's more lively and alert and she's upright rather than on her side and she's still with us..................  :)

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2009, 11:21 »
OMG that is amazing, bet you thought you'd seen your own Ghost, shes obviously a little fighter and isn't ready to go yet.
    The sort of people we all get angry with are the ones that leave them to suffer and not give any treatment or try to save them, you aren't like that and neither are the majority of us, thank God, they all deserve a chance, and this ickle girl with no name is getting hers. I'm really hoping she pulls through for you-and us, she's pulled on all our heart strings. Good luck and keep at it :)

too many girls

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2009, 11:36 »
she needs a name, she's by no means out of the woods yet, but she deserves a name, any ideas?

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2009, 11:50 »
Hope

too many girls

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2009, 11:55 »
Hope it is :D

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2009, 12:04 »
Aaah thanks that lovely, left to you she could have ended up as Peter :wacko:

too many girls

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2009, 12:06 »
well she was one of 4 of the same breed that hatched together, she could have ended up as John, Paul, George or (my favourite) Ringo   :lol::lol: :lol: the fab four............

xx
disaster with eggs, but are they ok?

Started by silverteen on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 03, 2013, 08:18
by joyfull
clip
Disaster Hatch!

Started by Caralou on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 28, 2021, 11:07
by New shoot
xx
Back from holiday to a chicken disaster!

Started by mdueal on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post July 05, 2008, 23:30
by jack russell
xx
Incubator disaster - update - it's hatch day

Started by Mum2mj on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post April 12, 2016, 16:50
by wapello

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 36 queries.