Break in

• 3 Replies

grinling

Break in
« on: February 16, 2010, 16:36 »
Walked down this morning and noticed that wendy house door open :ohmy:. Has a lock on due to previos arson attemt by kids!! Saw first allotment shed opened so hubby called allotment manager.
Kids toys fine, but the open chicken feed sacks, pellets,mash and corn gone >:(. The mixed up loose stuff in bin fine, so at least they could be fed.
Then, saw chicken run open, see 5/6 chickens, luckily 6th was laying.
Hubby called police at that point. Manager's wife heard the ducks quacking at 10pm last night, but as she was on her own she could not do much, but probably scared them off.
Hubby has now  fixed new lock to wendy house, bins in open and extra lock for run, but they could easily cut chicken wire.
A cockerel was stolen a couple of years ago and returned 3 weeks later.
Forensic took a look, but the thieves prob wore gloves.
Police come tomorrow for a statement.
Food will have to be kept at home.

karlooben

Re: Break in
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 17:04 »
i feel for you , we have had 9 breakins on our allotments within the past 3 years before that we never had one single breakin ever , its coming up to that time of the year again as well when they will start again  :( our site is directing behind our gardens but its doesnt do much good and i worry about my girls so much as so far thier padlocks an run are the only ones that have never been touched { keeps everything crossed } i dont care about the foxes ppl think i am mad for that but i worry about the theiving kids that are around .

am glad it was only your feed that went and not your birds .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Flowerpower136

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 11:29 »
Many years ago, came home to find the house burgled, all sorts missing, but the 2 mini dachs were still there and wagging.  In fact burg had fed them with meat from the fridge.  Probably to keep them quiet . . . but could have been done another way.  Also whilst the front door lock was broken, the Burg had pulled it close, so dachs didn't get out onto the busy road.

I was just hysterical with relief. Police man couldn't understand why I was laughing. He was horrible, he actually said it wasn't appropriate!   Obviously not a dog person.

Sorry it's happened, but very glad the girls are OK.

karlooben

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 17:28 »
sounds like u was laughing though shock i know i probably would , god help any of them that breakin my house think jack will give them more then a scare  :lol:

xx
Do I need to 'break' my broody hen?

Started by dilsdaisy on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post March 29, 2011, 19:28
by jinty1911
xx
can't break the broody

Started by Shazzer on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 06, 2008, 21:48
by Shazzer
xx
Break in the weather would be grand!!

Started by doodoo on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post January 12, 2010, 20:48
by karlooben
xx
Break-in! Goddam crooks!

Started by cudders on The Hen House

23 Replies
Last post January 25, 2008, 05:14
by van connick

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 32 queries.