My new toy, a vintage Kenwood Chef

• 58 Replies

andreadon

• My Diary
Re: My new toy, a vintage Kenwood Chef
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2009, 19:12 »
I find it is brilliant for breadcrumbs with the K beater, and it beats the heck out of any dough for me, I love it, and would like to get the sausage maker, but my hubbie is  a veggie, and there are only three of us in the family, so it seems a bit pointless really.

Does anybody have a favourite attachment for it that they use all the time?

Sausages? Couldn't you make veggie sausages? Most things seem to have a vegetarian alternative.....I was sure I'd seen veggie sausages. :unsure:
[/quote]

veggie sausages don't hold together in the same way - and you wouldn't normally use a membrane to cover them like you with a meat sausage.  the sausage maker in the chef would be something to make the meat into long strands: veggie sausages are made by moulding the stuff with your hands - much easier, so no need to use a machine!
 :)

my favourite accessory is the jug: i use it for soup.
soon my favourite will be my new dough hook....  :D

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2009, 19:20 »
The dough hook is fantastic.  I really want the small pasta maker.  It looks like making playdough. :lol:
Cheese makes everything better.

Paul Plots

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2009, 23:18 »
And I loved the pea sheller - not at all practical but flipping good fun watching the peas fly around the room - (note I was about 7 at the time!).

If my memory serves me right this same attachment could be fiddled with to slice beans by fitting a drum-like circular cutter. 8)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

weezyorange

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2009, 19:09 »

This is a modern Kenwood, Ice!  The old ones were light blue and white. My mother's Kenwood is still in working order complete with attachments so I reckon yours will do a good few miles before it becomes vintage. ;) An excellent price - lucky thing!!
[/quote]

I love my kenwood. My husbands grandma gave us hers as it took up too much room, god bless her! It too is one of the original light blue and white ones complete with cover, balloon whisk, K beater?, blender. i Now just have to find the remaining accessories for it!

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2009, 18:01 »
In all it's naked glory.

Gorgeous!  They are so good.  Any if you do buy one and have any problems with it, just look on eBay or on line suppliers as you can easily get the parts to repair them.  They are such workhorses that I've bought 5 over the last year as I hope to start a cookery school in the Isle of Man - I haven't even begun it yet and I've been buying all the equipment - Chris is tearing his hair out every time another parcel arrives!

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2009, 18:57 »
What kind of things do you intend to teach?  I think, in another universe, that would be my ideal job.

Ropster

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2009, 14:03 »
I have the light blue and white one, My mother in law gave it to me as she doesnt use it any more. it is immaculate as I dont think she ever used it much
it had the k beater, dough hook, baloon wisk, juicer and Glass liquidiser
I bought the pea sheller and bean cutter but it didnt realy work :(

it is the best kitchen gadget ever, everyone should have one

I looked at the new ones in the shop and the only one that comes close to the quality of build is the titanium and their £400

raeburg

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2009, 10:25 »
I love my Chef (a relative baby at 6 years old).  The liquidiser is the most used attachment  - wonderful batter with the fresh eggs :)  It also came with the pasta maker.  We got the ice cream bowl and potato peeler, mincer, and slicer/shredder (not all at once).  It is a fantastic design icon and practical machine.  My OH, who is blind, loves cooking and finds it a doddle to use.  I coveted my mums for years but I always said I wouldn't buy one until the kitchen was big enough to keep it out all the time.  Except for the Goeorge grill it is the most used kitchen gadget.

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2009, 10:29 »
Have you used the pasta maker?

Definately going to get the ice cream maker this year.  Hope it doesn't put a kybosh on the weather by buying it. ::)

raeburg

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 21:19 »
It's more of a pasta extruder but it is good fun and fresh pasta is the best.  It can be a bit of a pain to clean all the pasta dough out but you can make it and freeze it for later.  And ice cream made from fresh strawberries and cream and nothing else is divine.  It also is wonderful for sorbets.

reianki

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2009, 23:31 »
I have one after waiting yrs for it, best blooming thing i own in the kitchen, can't wait for all my fruit to grow on my allotment, gooseberry upside down cake, apple pie with kenwood made pastry..oh dear I have to go into kitchen now, made myself peckish! Have loads of fun with your kenwood  xx :)

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2009, 23:38 »
Thanks.  I never knew there were so many attachments. :wacko:

Paul Plots

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2009, 00:37 »
I seem to recall there being a tin opener attachment too.... don't think "we" had that though.  :(

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2009, 04:59 »
Don't have a kenwood but do have a kitchenaid, which also comes with loads of attachments. I look on ebay.com for my bits for it (rather than .co.uk) as parts from America are a lot cheaper than over here. Don't know if it would be the same as for Kenwood spares.
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
TV Cooking Show - The Cook & the Chef

Started by Skip on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

0 Replies
Last post June 25, 2008, 08:49
by Skip
xx
Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper

Started by Lardman on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post January 21, 2012, 22:25
by shokkyy
xx
TV Cooking Show - British Chef James Reeson

Started by Skip on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post June 25, 2008, 07:53
by Skip

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 28 queries.