My new toy, a vintage Kenwood Chef

• 58 Replies

themoog

• Experienced Member
Re: My new toy, a vintage Kenwood Chef
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 16:08 »
 :D
My music teacher was right. If you have to make a mistake, make it good and big and loud; with a bit of luck people will think that it was always meant to be like that.

millymolymandy

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 16:37 »
Yes, everything these days is designed NOT to last.  Can't wait to make some bread.  What kind of bread did you make for the farmers market Millymollymandy?

I think the favorite was walnut, followed by either tomato or pepper bruschetta, tomato and basil, olive, maple and oat (my Favorite) wholemeal, granary, white, cheese & pickle, pesto,  fig &hazelnut, nutty brown, summer seed, I think that's it, oh no there where fruit breads and tea cakes too. It was exhausting! but the markets were so much fun and I really miss them.
would have been enough for a crumble!

Fran

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 16:42 »
They sound lovely, especially the walnut and cheese and pickle.
Cheese makes everything better.

millymolymandy

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 18:35 »
I still make bread for ourselves, usually Granary, but only make others every now and again when I get the urge!

titch

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 23:14 »
That, Ice, is a thing of beauty - you lucky girl.
i managed to bag myself one of the bowls and a hand held mixer at jumble sale, but a whole thing - wow -
its soooo pretty

(i am also so releived that i am not the only one who thinks such things are so wonderful  :blush:)
just keep breathing................

Paul Plots

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 00:22 »
In all it's naked glory.

This is a modern Kenwood, Ice!  The old ones were light blue and white. My mother's Kenwood is still in working order complete with attachments so I reckon yours will do a good few miles before it becomes vintage. ;) An excellent price - lucky thing!!
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 10:25 »
Whenever it was made I have a good piece of kit there.  When I started this I never thought it would get so many replies.  :ohmy:  I thought one or two might be all 'cos it was just me that was sad enough to be excited about a Kenwood. :lol:

Paul Plots

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 19:27 »
Whenever it was made I have a good piece of kit there.  When I started this I never thought it would get so many replies.  :ohmy:  I thought one or two might be all 'cos it was just me that was sad enough to be excited about a Kenwood. :lol:

It's a brilliant bit of kit...... well worth getting excited about.  :D

Have fun! ;)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 19:32 »
I'd always wanted a Kenwood Chef and when I met Brian 20 years ago, I told him that and he bought me a Kenwood.......................foor processor!!!!   :(   Oh well, he tried!!!!  But now I have my new one, and hopefully I can pass it on to a granddaughter that actually LIKES cooking!!!!!  :dry: :dry:

Paul Plots

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 19:46 »
I'd always wanted a Kenwood Chef and when I met Brian 20 years ago, I told him that and he bought me a Kenwood.......................foor processor!!!!   :(   Oh well, he tried!!!!  But now I have my new one, and hopefully I can pass it on to a granddaughter that actually LIKES cooking!!!!!  :dry: :dry:

As a kid I can remember playing with my mother's Kenwood when my dad brought peas home from the plot... There was an attachment that shelled peas.  :D

Problem was you had to, very speedily, stick your hand over the bit where you stuck the peas in or, instead of dropping gently out of the bottom into a bowl when the pod exited via the front, the peas would fly back at you at the speed of sound.  :nowink:

I'm 55 and the Kenwood's still going well! (I don't play with the pea sheller any more though :()

soaplady

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 12:12 »
Hi There,

I too am a very proud owner of a kenwood chef.  I have always wanted one, and about three years ago my hubbie bought me one and a Kenwood processor for Christmas. The trouble was he wanted to play too, and when he tried to fit the lid on the processer he dropped it and broke the bit that clicks in to make it work. I can use it with the lid that is used for slicing veg, but it is no good for anything else, he has never replaced it, but I don't use it that often, but my Kenwood Chef, that is another matter, it gets used at least once a week.

I find it is brilliant for breadcrumbs with the K beater, and it beats the heck out of any dough for me, I love it, and would like to get the sausage maker, but my hubbie is  a veggie, and there are only three of us in the family, so it seems a bit pointless really.

Does anybody have a favourite attachment for it that they use all the time?

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 12:25 »
Hi.  They are great aren't they.  I'm sure if you had a look on the internet you could get a replacement part for the one hubby broke.

soaplady

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 12:31 »
Hi Ice,
Can you help me please, I just posted another post about my fondant cake, and posted it and it has disappeared into the ether, I attached a photo, but I am not sure I did it right, as I have never done one before, I have been looking for the post and info but can't find any, can you point me in the right direction please  :blush:

Thankyou

Soaplady

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 12:35 »
Sorry, can't find it.  If you click on your name it will take you to your profile.  At the bottom is an option to see all your previous posts. 

Paul Plots

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2009, 21:44 »
Hi There,

I too am a very proud owner of a kenwood chef.  I have always wanted one, and about three years ago my hubbie bought me one and a Kenwood processor for Christmas. The trouble was he wanted to play too, and when he tried to fit the lid on the processer he dropped it and broke the bit that clicks in to make it work. I can use it with the lid that is used for slicing veg, but it is no good for anything else, he has never replaced it, but I don't use it that often, but my Kenwood Chef, that is another matter, it gets used at least once a week.

I find it is brilliant for breadcrumbs with the K beater, and it beats the heck out of any dough for me, I love it, and would like to get the sausage maker, but my hubbie is  a veggie, and there are only three of us in the family, so it seems a bit pointless really.

Does anybody have a favourite attachment for it that they use all the time?

Sausages? Couldn't you make veggie sausages? Most things seem to have a vegetarian alternative.....I was sure I'd seen veggie sausages. :unsure:

xx
TV Cooking Show - The Cook & the Chef

Started by Skip on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

0 Replies
Last post June 25, 2008, 08:49
by Skip
xx
Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper

Started by Lardman on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post January 21, 2012, 22:25
by shokkyy
xx
TV Cooking Show - British Chef James Reeson

Started by Skip on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post June 25, 2008, 07:53
by Skip

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 30 queries.