registering an selling eggs

• 22 Replies

karlooben

Re: registering an selling eggs
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 20:43 »
death of rats thats a wonderfull bit of advice i like it  :lol: :lol: but i may have a prob there as one of her bosses is also one of the ppl telling me i need to be licenced  :lol: so i will have to go higherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr up the ladder also it looks as if after tomorw this could very well be going into the local papers . but we have spoken to some ppl an they are saying that i can get round it for now by asking ppl to give me a donation towards the eggs  all i can do is wait until 8 am tomorw morning whn i can contact defra first thing .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 21:24 »
They sound like they don't know what they are talking about Looby!  They've probably heard about being licensed as a packing station to sell to third parties, but you are selling direct, so there's nothing they can do about it, and if they tried to get you to get rid of your birds, then you should take action against them!

Whatever you do, don't let them get to you!  Stay strong and confident.  We have had trouble with little hitlers in the past, especially in the council! and only wished we lived nearer to you!  Brian would have a field day with them!  He loves a scrap!!!!!    :D

karlooben

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 06:11 »
i will be making my calls to defra etc at bang on 8 am this morning then i will be calling the council at 9 am but i cant get on here tell after 5 tonight so u will have a bit of a wait to find out whats happened .

i am now seruiosly considering getting a letter drafted up with other site holders an i shall then pass this onto the main boss as a complaint agaisnt her and see how they like that  :lol: also its going into the local papers if she doesnt back down .

thankyou all for your support from me and my little lilly poos  :D :D { thats the girls by the way }  :tongue2:

woodside farm

• Experienced Member
    • Poultry Auction
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 07:35 »
What Rooster said is true selling from your gate you don't need a licence as long as you don't sell something like 'over 3000 eggs a year', but you can't sell to shops without a licence.
You are doing the right thing in getting all of the facts together before you approach them though.
Good Luck
Michelle xx
http://www.woodside-farm-chickens.webs.com/
*-:¦:-•*quis goes inter*•-:¦:-•:* adveho inter*•-:¦:-*

karlooben

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 18:53 »
its all sorted now , after quite a few phone calls  :lol: . the council wanted me to get this licence as a way of protecting myself if something went wrong { ie someone fell ill with eating my eggs} , defra , trading standards , an also the enviromental health ppl had not one clue about what i was asking for  :lol: :lol: but finally after the E H people made yet more calls they finally understood what licence i was talking about and i dont need one  ::) ::)because i sell the eggs from within my house or door to door  all i need to do is to keep everyone happy is fill out a form to just say that i do food produce only and thats all  so i can keep on selling my eggs and the council dont mind although this i will get in writing when i send them a copy of this form i need to fill out , but i have to admit everyone i have spoken to today where very helpfull , trading stanards an defra are both going to send me infro tpye packs as well which is great . i was only worried as i thought  :ohmy: :ohmy: a licence would cost loads of money .

Vember

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 19:14 »
That's Fab news Looby   :D

poultrygeist

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 20:42 »
Excellent result Loobs !  :D

Well done for beating them down. I hope it'll teach that nasty woman to back off.

Rob 8)

Rubellite

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 21:08 »
Good, Looby  ;)

xx
selling eggs

Started by chickenlady on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post August 22, 2008, 17:35
by chickenlady
xx
Selling eggs

Started by Charlwood1005 on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post June 11, 2008, 11:41
by too many girls
xx
selling eggs

Started by jackieand glenn on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post December 28, 2010, 17:27
by GrannieAnnie
xx
selling the eggs

Started by 02rlgudgin on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post February 10, 2007, 19:46
by muntjac

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 30 queries.