Busy Day. What did you do on your plot this weekend?

• 32 Replies

yummy

Cor we actually had a full day of no rain. I didn't think it was possible that might happen and have therefore been caught out by sunburn. I only planned on spending an hour there but ended up there for 6. My arms are now purple - oops  :roll:

We did get lots done. We were able to strim all the weeds and grass back to the ground, dig out a pond, transplant leeks, sow swiss chard, spagna beans, borlotti beans and some peas. I pulled some onions up and have them drying out on a rack now. Also picked loads of red currants and broad beans.

Did waste nearly an hour trying to catch a random Jack Russell that wandered through our gate, call number on collar tag and return him to his owner  (who wasn't particularly concerned or grateful but nevermind at least dog is home).

shaun

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 20:54 »
great day here no rain at all (i kind of missed it in a funny kind of way) got down the plot at 6 this morning
transplanted leeks to there final growing position,planted a double row of sweet william ,done lots of weeding,had a good tidy up in the polly tunnel tomato side shoots seem to appear over night
harvested some beetroot,garlic,spuds ,a lettuce ,some courgettes a cabbage and 1 cucumber.
came home and cleaned the windows and then i went for a couple of pints and watched me lad play cricket.
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 21:11 »
We had a few spots this morning, but I've not had chance to go down today   :(  had two new windows to fit and needed to sort out the spark plugs on the car thought it would be easier to buy new until I got quoted £14 per plug  :shock:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

shaun

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 21:15 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"
We had a few spots this morning, but I've not had chance to go down today   :(  had two new windows to fit and needed to sort out the spark plugs on the car thought it would be easier to buy new until I got quoted £14 per plug  :shock:

:shock: £14 a plug jeeese good job you havnt got a V12

brucesgirl

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 21:17 »
We went down last night, did loads of weeding and digging, and will carry on tomorrow. It was the first summer evening we've had this year.
Just come back from a BBQ for all the allotment holders and met some really lovely people, we've only been there for two months so took the opportunity to meet some of the ones we hadn't met before.
Had two beers, which is about a half of my annual intake of alcohol so feel a bit squiffey, and got verbal diarrhoea so don't know what they make of me!!!

mushroom

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 21:19 »
The reason it is sunny is because I'm working nights until Monday. It will rain on Tuesday!!!

fatbelly

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 21:25 »
We had a few showers this morning and then it cleared up this afternoon  :o
Went down at 3pm and stayed till 7pm. I was virtually the only one on site and it was great.  :D
Did some weeding and digging. And also found myself talking to the plants!!! Will anyone else admit to this????
99% Organic and 1% Slug Pellets.

Allotment holder since 27th May 2007.

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 21:28 »
My lovely neighbours came round and helped make a base for my greenhouse.  It's all square and level, all it needs now is for me to finish putting in the glass.  Nothing fits, the clips don't hold the glass in and since I cleaned the window frame the glass just slides out when it is vertical.  It seems the dirt was holding it in place.  Can't for the life of me see how to prevent this.   :?   Oh well, at least it isn't raining.
Cheese makes everything better.

shaun

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 21:30 »
Quote from: "Ice hockey mad"
My lovely neighbours came round and helped make a base for my greenhouse.  It's all square and level, all it needs now is for me to finish putting in the glass.  Nothing fits, the clips don't hold the glass in and since I cleaned the window frame the glass just slides out when it is vertical.  It seems the dirt was holding it in place.  Can't for the life of me see how to prevent this.   :?   Oh well, at least it isn't raining.

have you got the little metal thingy-m-jigs that go on top of the bottom bit of glass hockey  :roll:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 21:37 »
Quote from: "shaun"
Quote from: "richyrich7"

:shock: £14 a plug jeeese good job you havnt got a V12

Thats platinum plugs for you ! new HT leads 68 + vat  :shock:  bl@@dy stupid price

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 21:43 »
Now Shaun, I may be a laydee of advancing years but I aint that daft.  What I'm talking about is the roof light, it has an aluminium frame and a single piece of glass.  Those hookey things are holding up the large bits just nicely thank you. :wink:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 21:45 »
You need a glass hammer ice to tap it into place,  :wink:  :lol:

shaun

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 21:47 »
the roof light as in the vent, go and get a tube of sealant  :wink:

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 21:51 »
Quote from: "shaun"
the roof light as in the vent, go and get a tube of sealant  :wink:

Yeeeeeeeeeees, thank you Shaun.  I take back all those horrible things I said about you.  (For now) :wink:

shaun

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 21:54 »
they wasnt horrible were they I thought they were compliments  :lol:

xx
Cracking weekend on the plot............

Started by Alex 98 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 17, 2008, 08:47
by DD.
xx
busy busy bees

Started by scraigy1982 on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post May 28, 2012, 21:50
by Charl89
xx
Bit busy

Started by Pompey Spud on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post October 06, 2009, 15:17
by Yabba
xx
been busy today

Started by philskin on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post August 01, 2008, 10:50
by philskin

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 28 queries.