Busy Day. What did you do on your plot this weekend?

• 32 Replies

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 21:56 »
Yes, they were compliments Shaun, absolutely, you're the man. :wink:

RR, what is a glass hammer and do they sell them in Homebase, you naughty man.
Cheese makes everything better.

shaun

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 22:01 »
there next to the striped paint you cant miss em  :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 22:08 »
I'm popping in for a long weight tomorrow so will have time to check out the striped paint.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 22:17 »
Check out the price of sky hooks for me will you why your there.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

shaun

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2007, 22:19 »
there buy one get 10 free mate  :wink:

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 22:26 »
You two are quite a double act. :lol:

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 08:47 »
I won't be at the plot at all this weekend (typical) went out to a poultry auction yesterday, then started to make a chicken run. Today is my 8th wedding anniversary and we are going horse riding... oh dear I haven't been on a horse for about 20 years...

yummy

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 13:52 »
Quote from: "Sadgit" we are going horse riding... oh dear I haven't been on a horse for about 20 years...[/quote

Good luck with that then.

argaric

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 15:14 »
dug out yet another load of couch grass, free to a bad home
checked on how the garlic spary was doing against the slug invasion, not bad so far
gave a pep talk to the frogs and toads about all the free food available at no cost and recommended the new garlic marinated range on offer this week
dug some pots for tea but was a bit worried about the strange white spots on them, luckily one of the venerable types (with an emaculate plot and stuff growing to die for) explained that this was normal as it had been so wet. He said that there was some fancy name for it but didn't care to find out.
planted out round three of the beans in the vain hope that the slugs wont eat the lot again (surely they like variety in their diet)
looking forward to another day of couch grass bashing, if they made it an Olympic sort I reckon I'd have a good chance at a medal come 2012, which will be about the same time my plot will be cleared  :?

flowergirl

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 16:13 »
i managed to rope in my parents for some diy and digging,dad (with help from my daughter) built 2 frames to keep the birds off my seeds(pics in equipment forum)mum dug a whole bed on her own,i set fire to stuff in the incinerator and the grass (oohps) weeded my 1 complete bed,my old man came over after work and set about in weeding his bed and reveled in the fact that 3 of the potatoes he threw in the ground have started growing(and that i owe him £2 for betting that they wouldnt!)i claimed a homeless compost bin that was on the possibly abandonded plot next to me,chucked some bush killing stuff and the dreaded blackberry bush,eat ham sarnies and decided where the bench that ive yet to hint to dad about is to go.

pepper

• Experienced Member
Two days without rain
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 16:41 »
:D Two days without rain, wonderful.
I had a marathon picking fruit day yesterday and have huge amounts of blackcurrants and gooseberries. I have donated the rest of the gooseberries to a member of the committee who makes chutneys etc to raise money for a new planned uber-shed.
Doesn't processing all the produce take a lot of time? I went out last week and bought another freezer to take all the fruit. I haven't done so much jam and jelly making since my hippie days when self sufficiency  was the lifestyle to aim for! (A l o n g time ago in a distant galaxy)
A very kind allotmenteer gave me some of her Charlotte potatoes as mine have yet to put in an appearance (they were delicious) and I've almost got enough spinach to make a meal. Can't wait.
Pepper
monica

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 20:13 »
took up all the rocket potatoes and also nicolas.took up last of peas as they were dead :( will try to get some more in though.also picked last of electric onions and loads of soft fruit,spent hours cleaning mud off tatties though as plot is still pretty wet,but at least its no longer 3 ft under :D

ytyynycefn

• http://www.ytyynycefn.com/5.html
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007, 20:23 »
I did * all on the plot, because we went away for a dirty weekend.  Which had to be cut short, as I got a tummy bug and spent Friday night talking to God on the big white telephone  :cry:  :roll:

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 20:46 »
Quote from: "ytyynycefn"
I did * all on the plot, because we went away for a dirty weekend.  Which had to be cut short, as I got a tummy bug and spent Friday night talking to God on the big white telephone  :cry:  :roll:

tummu bug... sure.. right.. ok.. keep telling yourself that.. tummy bug my backside :D

PS really sore ass and legs after 90 mins of horse riding... but booked in again for next week :D

bigsprouts

• Experienced Member
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 22:20 »
didnt do much had to take my daughter to a+e took a while  so didnt have time to follow through the good intentions i had but me and my son did nip up to plot and put some collars on some rubine red sprout plants fed blueberry bushes and peppers and tomatoes and tomatillo plants luckily my daughter is ok just strained her leg no breakages thank god

xx
Cracking weekend on the plot............

Started by Alex 98 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 17, 2008, 08:47
by DD.
xx
busy busy bees

Started by scraigy1982 on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post May 28, 2012, 21:50
by Charl89
xx
Bit busy

Started by Pompey Spud on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post October 06, 2009, 15:17
by Yabba
xx
busy in the garden

Started by philskin on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 06, 2008, 09:49
by Wildeone

Page created in 0.606 seconds with 37 queries.