When do I feed these......

• 2 Replies

Kagganz

When do I feed these......
« on: April 04, 2009, 16:30 »
.......and with what and how often please?

Tomatoes

Broad Beans

Peppers

Cucumber

Courgettes

Sweetcorn (mini pop)

I have tomato feed, seaweed liquid stuff,   growmore,   chicken pellets and some Miracle Grow Organic Choice stuff oh and  blood, fish and bone.

Sorry lots of Q's but I am have had good results so far with sowing stuff but I am clue-less with when and what to feed them with.

Thank you very much

Karenxx
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 16:39 by Kagganz »

Growbag

Re: When do I feed these......
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 17:00 »
Tomatoes - feed, once a week, with Tomato feed when the first truss of fruit has set (if the soil is not too wet already).   You can also use tomato feed at half strength to feed cucumbers when the first fruit is growing but for cucumbers I like to alternate between nettle tea one week and tomato feed the next.   Peppers can be treated the same as tomatoes.  When first fruit starts to grow.   Even your courgettes will benefit from a feed of tomato food.  Basically most things which produce a flower which turns into a fruit benefits from additional potash which is the main ingredient in tomato feed.  I don't grow sweetcorn but I would sprinkle your organic granules at the rate instructed on the packet a few weeks before you are due to put your sweetcorn and broad beans in as it takes a little while to break down into the soil and benefit the plants.   Hoe the granules in.   I don't use growmore as it is inorganic.    If you have put organic granules in then your broad beans won't need anything else but your sweetcorn will benefit from a sprinkling of chicken pellets later in the season when the cobs are forming but use your fingers to mix into the top soil as sweetcorn have shallow roots and you don't want to hoe into them.    I sometimes use seaweed liquid as a foliar spray if my plants are showing signs of deficiencies in the leaves.   
From fork to fork

Kagganz

Re: When do I feed these......
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 17:58 »
Thank you Growbag!   

That's perfick just what I wanted to know.

:D xxx

xx
birds..to feed or not to feed

Started by tommy416 on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 18, 2008, 21:00
by compostqueen
xx
Strawberries - to feed or not to feed

Started by toxorebel on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post January 15, 2012, 23:10
by gobs
xx
What to feed

Started by hotcrossbun on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 05, 2012, 13:34
by MyAchingBack
question
when to feed again?

Started by Brassica Blaz on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 18:26
by Brassica Blaz

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 28 queries.