Greenhouse cucumbers-pale leaves?

• 1 Replies

caroline17

Greenhouse cucumbers-pale leaves?
« on: July 10, 2010, 22:45 »
HI everyone, this is the second year I've tried growing cucumbers to no avail. I've fed them with miracle grow and the little fruits appear, only for the leaves to become white and the fruit to appear stunted. I've given them plenty to drink, have greenhouse shading paint, and I'm now thinking of making up a mixture of fish, blood and bone with some compost to mulch over the upper roots appearing on the soil surface. For some reason, cucumbers in the North of Scotland-even miniature ones- are proving difficult to grow for us anyway! Any tips or ideas you have would be most appreciated.

Trillium

Re: Greenhouse cucumbers-pale leaves?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 04:00 »
I've never found miracle grow very good for veg. If you can get hold of some pelleted chicken manure, or even some aged manure, put either around the plant and water them well. Cukes respond well to these types of feeds. And do be sure your cukes aren't getting chilled at night as they really are a warm weather plant and will stop growth with cool temps or nights. You might have to enclose them in a small polytunnel or such to keep them happy. If they're already in a greenhouse, check your night temps.

xx
pale pumpkin leaves

Started by pumpkinpatch on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 27, 2009, 21:53
by 8doubles
xx
Chilli leaves pale

Started by BabbyAnn on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post April 30, 2013, 11:29
by fatbelly
xx
pale green/yellow leaves

Started by little sweetpeas on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 17, 2009, 22:31
by Yabba
xx
pale runner bean leaves

Started by Rowan on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post May 27, 2009, 22:17
by barney rubble

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 32 queries.