Chilli leaves pale

• 4 Replies

BabbyAnn

Chilli leaves pale
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:25 »
I have quite a few chilli plants on the go, most grown from seed this year.  Just about 95% of them are healthy and coming along nicely with lovely green leaves and doing really well either on a south facing sunny windowsill or in the greenhouse.  However, there's a few that have puzzling very pale leaves (they look blanched rather than yellow, and is not their natural leaf colour) but generally are fine.

They have the exact same compost as all the others, were repotted about 2-3 weeks ago so still plenty of nutrients, are not over or underwatered, and have good light and warmth.  One batch are a number of Bolivian Rainbow plants, the other is a Lemon Drop that I had overwintered and repotted.

Does anyone know why and should I be doing something?  I did wonder if the cold nights in the greenhouse may be responsible, but then there are a few other more delicate varieties in the greenhouse that are doing fine, and it doesn't explain the Lemon Drop which is in the house.

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
Re: Chilli leaves pale
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 11:52 »
I have the same with a couple of Lemon Drops, but not with any of the other chillies I have on the go. All mine are inside, so I don't think it's a temperature difference. Sorry I can't help, but will lurk to see if the answer emerges... :)

Dr_Pepper

• Good Life Horticulture
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 10:17 »
First response would have been chilling injury but googling "white leaves capsicum" throws up some results that suggest it also occurs as a when plants are not acclimatised to bright sunlight. This makes sense as the light has been abysmal up until the last couple of weeks and now the sun is quite intense. I don't imagine new growth will be affected.

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 10:56 »
Thanks. Have sprinkled a little feed in there too, as a precaution against the compost being exhausted.

fatbelly

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 11:29 »
Mine are the same & I am sure mine is from chilling overnight. Because of space being limited with other seedlings in the house I was 'told' they had to go into the G/House which is unheated. Just hoping that we have some warmth PDQ.
99% Organic and 1% Slug Pellets.

Allotment holder since 27th May 2007.

xx
pale pumpkin leaves

Started by pumpkinpatch on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 27, 2009, 21:53
by 8doubles
xx
Greenhouse cucumbers-pale leaves?

Started by caroline17 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 11, 2010, 04:00
by Trillium
xx
pale runner bean leaves

Started by Rowan on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post May 27, 2009, 22:17
by barney rubble
xx
pale green/yellow leaves

Started by little sweetpeas on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 17, 2009, 22:31
by Yabba

Page created in 0.749 seconds with 28 queries.